How to Draw a Graph for a Time-Variant Circuit with Multiple Variables?

• Thread starter electron2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graph Time
In summary, a time variant graph is a type of graph used in scientific research to analyze how data changes over time. It differs from a regular graph by showing data trends and patterns over a period of time rather than at a specific point in time. Any type of data that changes over time can be represented in a time variant graph. To create one, data must be collected at different time points and plotted on a graph. The benefits of using a time variant graph in scientific research include the ability to identify trends and patterns that may not be visible in a regular graph and make more accurate predictions about future trends.
electron2
i solved the previos one

i have this kind of resistor.
v=(cos2t)i+3

i don't know to to draw its grapg

because there are 3 variables
and i don't know why its currect contolled
and not voltage controlled too

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Can you state the question or problem exactly as it is worded? As you said, there are 3 variables. So simply saying "draw its graph" is not sufficient instruction.

I can offer some guidance on how to approach this type of problem. The first step would be to understand the variables and their relationships in the equation. In this case, we have voltage (v), time (t), and current (i). The equation shows that voltage is a function of time, with a cosine wave at a frequency of 2. This means that as time increases, the voltage will vary in a sinusoidal pattern.

To draw the graph, we need to plot voltage (v) on the y-axis and time (t) on the x-axis. The graph will show a sinusoidal wave with a frequency of 2. The amplitude of the wave will determine the maximum and minimum voltage values. In this equation, the maximum voltage is 3 and the minimum voltage is -3.

As for why this is a current-controlled circuit, it is because the equation shows that voltage is dependent on current (i). This means that the current flowing through the circuit will determine the voltage output. In contrast, a voltage-controlled circuit would have an equation where current is dependent on voltage.

I hope this helps in understanding how to approach and draw a graph for a time-variant circuit. It's important to carefully analyze the variables and their relationships to accurately represent the circuit in a graph.

1. What is a time variant graph?

A time variant graph is a type of graph that shows how data changes over time. It is commonly used in scientific research to analyze trends and patterns in data that may vary over time.

2. How is a time variant graph different from a regular graph?

A regular graph shows how data is related at a specific point in time, while a time variant graph shows how data changes over time. It allows for a more comprehensive understanding of trends and patterns in the data.

3. What types of data can be represented in a time variant graph?

Any type of data that changes over time can be represented in a time variant graph. This includes data from experiments, surveys, and observations.

4. How do you create a time variant graph?

To create a time variant graph, you will need to collect data at different time points and plot it on a graph. The x-axis represents time, and the y-axis represents the data being measured. You can use software like Excel or specialized graphing programs to create a time variant graph.

5. What are the benefits of using a time variant graph in scientific research?

Time variant graphs allow scientists to analyze data over time and identify trends and patterns that may not be visible in a regular graph. This can provide valuable insights and help make more accurate predictions about future trends.