A Conversation with Dr Edgar Mitchell About UFOs

• Thread starter Nommos Prime (Dogon)
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Conversation
In summary, Dr. Edgar Mitchell is having an interesting conversation on his Forum about the possibility of secret government knowledge of extraterrestrial life. He takes issue with a number of comments, including one about the crashed UFO scenario, and believes that the evidence is always flimsy. However, he thinks that some strange things may happen from time to time. He also agrees with some of Dr. Michael Salla's comments about secret government knowledge of extraterrestrial life.
Physics news on Phys.org
Interesting. Thanks for the post. :smile:

I must say though, I take issue with a number of his comments. For example:

Bob, et al, As government is officially not forthcoming on these issues, it leaves in doubt who knows what. Most in government, it is certain, know nothing, no more than you or any other private individual. There is a hidden group, however, self contained, self policing, self selecting and protected by an 50 year old law that gives them relative autonomy and cover. It had the cover name MAJIC12 years ago, but the group is still intact though with different names and persons. It is well hidden within black budgets and programs. Personally, I think it has long outlived its purpose and usefullness, and is a travesty in our presumably open society.

I am reasonably convinced that the MAJIC12 documents are bogus. Honestly, I will have to do a little review to recall what convinced me of this. I think it hinges on Truman's signature? I think an exact duplicate of Truman's signature was found on another document; indicating that this was copied to the newly forged, MAJIC12 documents. A side note, IIRC Stan Friedman thinks they are authentic? Is that right?

I am aware of most of his [Dr. Mitchell's ]convictions but this comment really surprises me. Combined with Barry Goldwater's public comments about Roswell before his death this all gets a little interesting. Fact is though, I don't buy the crashed UFO scenario. I am still open to the possibility, a little, since there certainly are some bothersome and interesting facts about the case, but all in all I find that most paths to Roswell are a dead end. For all of my researching I have never found any solid evidence of the most extreme claims like that of MAJIC12. At best, the evidence is always flimsy. Logically, after a time this fact alone gets really bothersome.

I do think some number of strange things may happen from time to time, but I tend to think that no one really understands the complete answer here. Note that even Dr. Mtichell only claims second hand knowledge of any actual ET presense. Correct? Corso is one of the only people who claims a direct, personal observation of the alien bodies. Do you agree? Same with Goldwater. We have a story but no direct observation. Again, really just hearsay; even though it comes from Goldwater.

Last edited:
FYI, I wanted to verify that the person identified as Ed Mitchell at the link given is in fact Dr. Edward Mitchell, [make that Edgar Mitchell... obviously :yuck:] the former astronaut. I sent a request for verification to Dr. Mitchells institute http://www.noetic.org/index.cfm [Broken], and received the following.

...you may reach me directly at this address and discuss you interests in the posts on my web site. Edgar Mitchell.

So it seems that the site is genuine.

Last edited by a moderator:

What exactly is a UFO?

A UFO, or unidentified flying object, is any object or phenomenon that cannot be easily identified or explained by conventional means. It is often associated with extraterrestrial spacecraft, but can also refer to natural phenomena or man-made objects that are not immediately recognizable.

Who is Dr. Edgar Mitchell?

Dr. Edgar Mitchell was an American astronaut and aeronautical engineer who was a member of the Apollo 14 mission, which landed on the moon in 1971. He was also a well-known advocate for the study of UFOs and the potential for extraterrestrial life.

What is the purpose of "A Conversation with Dr. Edgar Mitchell About UFOs"?

The purpose of this conversation is to delve into Dr. Mitchell's personal experiences and beliefs regarding UFOs and extraterrestrial life. It aims to provide insight and perspective on a topic that is often met with skepticism and controversy.

Has Dr. Mitchell ever had a personal encounter with a UFO?

Yes, Dr. Mitchell has claimed to have had a personal encounter with a UFO during his time as an astronaut. He also stated that he believes in the existence of intelligent extraterrestrial life based on his own experiences and research.

What is the significance of Dr. Mitchell's beliefs about UFOs and extraterrestrial life?

As a highly respected scientist and astronaut, Dr. Mitchell's beliefs hold weight and have sparked discussions and debates about the potential for extraterrestrial life and the need for further scientific exploration and research in this area. His perspective adds a unique and credible voice to the ongoing conversation about UFOs.