Calculus AB AP TEST SCHOOLS CHEAT?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of cheating on the Calculus AB AP Test and why some students may have access to different versions of the exam. The use of old exams and the availability of the exams on the College Board website is also mentioned. The possibility of different time limits for students taking the exam is raised, with a potential explanation being a disability. The conversation concludes by suggesting posting in a different section of the forum for more information.
GreenPrint
Calculus AB AP TEST SCHOOLS CHEAT?

Homework Statement

Hello

I have a question... I recently took the AB Calc AP Test a couple of days ago... feel very good about it...

now the thing is i have recently called up my cousin who lives in Houston Texas... I live in CT... but anyways she hasn't taken the test yet... my concerns were how come she hasn't taken the test when both the B form and the normal version of the test I have takenhave been released to the general public for anybody with an internet question can go on the college board website and download...

she also has unlimited time to take her exam she has not time limit to take it...

Can someone please explain this inconsistancy...

does everybody who take the AP CALC AB exam in the United States take the same exact exam? Are there more than the normal form and the form b of the exam aviable to the general public off of the college board website because something is clearly weird here...

i encouraged her to go on the college board website and look at the exams but she refused becasue she doesn't want to cheat i told her she wouldn't be cheating because its open to the public completley free released by the college board...

its not like downloading a leaked version of the exam before the test... when the college board releases the exams to the public anyone can download them from there website...

so what is up with college board does everybody take the same exams? Can anyone in the Houston Texas area confirm that this is true...

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org

no you will be all take different exams... think about it. how could they schedule it so that the kids in cali -8gmt could take the same exam as the kids in florida -5gmt? schools really aren't organized enough to work that one out. it is not cheating to look at old exams and the minute they put the exam on their website it's an old exam and no one will take that same one.

not sure why she has no time limit on her exam. it may be a situational thing and she may have a disability? college board may know more about this.

this section of the forums is more for problems and getting help so maybe posting in the right place will get you more info.

1. What is the Calculus AB AP test?

The Calculus AB AP test is an Advanced Placement exam administered by the College Board to high school students who have completed a Calculus AB course. It covers topics such as limits, derivatives, integrals, and applications of these concepts.

2. How long is the Calculus AB AP test?

The Calculus AB AP test is 3 hours and 15 minutes long. It is divided into two sections: a multiple-choice section that is 1 hour and 45 minutes, and a free-response section that is 1 hour and 30 minutes.

3. What is the format of the Calculus AB AP test?

The multiple-choice section of the Calculus AB AP test consists of 45 questions and the free-response section has 6 questions. The test includes a mix of calculator and non-calculator questions, and a portion of the free-response questions are multi-step problems that require students to show their work.

4. How is the Calculus AB AP test scored?

The multiple-choice section of the test is scored by a computer, while the free-response section is scored by trained AP Calculus teachers and college professors. The scores are then combined to give a final score on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the highest.

5. Is it cheating if a school provides students with resources or study guides for the Calculus AB AP test?

No, it is not considered cheating if a school provides students with resources or study guides for the Calculus AB AP test. However, it is important for students to only use these resources as a supplement to their own studying and to not rely solely on them to prepare for the exam.