K+ Decay: Is the Feynman Diagram I Drew Correct?

• Thread starter billbray
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Decay Weak
In summary, K+ decay is a type of radioactive decay where a positively charged kaon particle (K+) transforms into a lighter particle, usually a pion (π+) or a muon (μ+), and a neutrino (ν). It is represented in a Feynman diagram as a vertex with a K+ particle entering and a lighter particle (π+ or μ+) and a neutrino (ν) leaving. A Feynman diagram of K+ decay can provide information about the particles involved, their interactions, and the probability of the decay occurring. To be considered correct, a Feynman diagram of K+ decay must follow the rules of the Standard Model of particle physics and accurately represent the particles involved and their interactions
billbray
I've attached a feynman diagram i drew myself because i can't find a proper feyman diagram for this decay. I assume that since the decay K+->u+ + Vu is weak it goes via a W boson.

Is this diagram correct?

thanks

Attachments

• KAON DECAY.JPG
    KAON DECAY.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,697
Physics news on Phys.org
The diagram is correct. IcedEcliptic is talking about another decay channel.

Vanadium 50 said:
The diagram is correct. IcedEcliptic is talking about another decay channel.

Sorry, my mistake.

thanks guys!

1. What is K+ decay?

K+ decay is a type of radioactive decay where a positively charged kaon particle (K+) transforms into a lighter particle, usually a pion (π+) or a muon (μ+), and a neutrino (ν).

2. How is K+ decay represented in a Feynman diagram?

K+ decay is represented in a Feynman diagram as a vertex with a K+ particle entering and a lighter particle (π+ or μ+) and a neutrino (ν) leaving.

3. What information can be obtained from a Feynman diagram of K+ decay?

A Feynman diagram of K+ decay can provide information about the particles involved, their interactions, and the probability of the decay occurring.

4. How do you know if a Feynman diagram of K+ decay is correct?

A Feynman diagram of K+ decay is considered correct if it follows the rules of the Standard Model of particle physics and accurately represents the particles involved and their interactions.

5. What is the significance of K+ decay in particle physics?

K+ decay is significant in particle physics as it helps us understand the fundamental interactions between particles and plays a role in the study of the weak nuclear force and the violation of CP symmetry.