Back Into the Series: My 3D IMAX Experience

In summary, the conversation and Wired Magazine excerpt discuss the movie "Tron Legacy," with one person sharing their experience of seeing it in 3D imax and enjoying it as a way to get back into the series/universe. The Wired Magazine review praises the movie's visuals, score, and performances, and mentions the emotional impact of the ending. It also mentions that the movie may not be well received by critics, but overall is a good continuation of the original. The conversation also briefly mentions the club scene and soundtrack.
Lancelot59
Who here has seen it? I saw it today in 3D imax. After my eyes stopped hurting I rather enjoyed myself. Not a bad way to get back into the series.

Physics news on Phys.org
It was a series?

I guess I meant to say universe.

I heard early reports that it is getting great reviews.

This is an excerpt from Wired Magazine

“I walked in, expecting to be blown away both from what I’d seen before and from what I knew about the production. I was not disappointed.” … “… the result is visually stunning, intellectually engaging and emotionally exhausting.” … “There’s plenty of eye candy for even the most jaded addict. The score by Daft Punk is outstanding.” … “With all of this, many folks would expect the story to suffer. It doesn’t, unless you’re a movie critic. It’s a logical continuation of the original, although you need not have seen Tron to understand what’s happening now. Strong performances by Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde and Michael Sheen should prevent the kind of complaints about wooden acting that surrounded the original movie. The result delivers an unexpected emotional impact, especially at the ending.” … “Perhaps the emotional ending influenced my final reaction. As the credits rolled, I had to fight off tears.”
http://www.slashfilm.com/tron-guy-reviews-tron-legacy/
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/12/tron-guy-reviews-tron-legacy/

http://www.slashfilm.com/tron-guy-reviews-tron-legacy/
ZZ6DD17317.jpg

......Sheldon

It falls into the same category as the original. Good, but not amazing.

It would really suck to be Daft Punk working in that club.

"The place is about to get blown up."
"MORE MUSIC!"

1. What is "Back Into the Series: My 3D IMAX Experience"?

"Back Into the Series: My 3D IMAX Experience" is a 3D IMAX film that takes viewers on a journey through different series of the natural world. It combines stunning visuals with educational commentary to provide a unique and immersive experience.

2. How is the film different from traditional 3D movies?

Unlike traditional 3D movies, "Back Into the Series" focuses on real-life footage instead of animation. It also incorporates educational elements to provide a more informative and enriching experience for viewers.

3. What types of series are featured in the film?

The film features a variety of series, including nature, wildlife, space, and human achievements. Each series offers a different perspective and allows viewers to explore and learn about different aspects of the world around us.

4. Is the film suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Back Into the Series" is suitable for all ages. However, it is recommended for children over the age of 6 to fully appreciate and understand the educational aspects of the film.

5. How was the film made?

The film was made using advanced 3D filming techniques and equipment, as well as state-of-the-art IMAX technology. It also involved a team of scientists, filmmakers, and educators to ensure accuracy and educational value.