What do sodium chloride and phosphoric acid have in common?

• Thread starter MatthewJames_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Acid Sodium
In summary, sodium chloride and phosphoric acid are two different chemical compounds commonly found in natural and man-made products. While they have some similarities, such as being used as food additives and preservatives, they also have distinct chemical structures and properties. While considered safe in small amounts, excessive intake of these compounds can have negative health effects. Sodium chloride is commonly used in food and industrial processes, while phosphoric acid is used in the production of fertilizers, beverages, and various industries.
MatthewJames_
Long story short I have some undiagnosed medical condition that I've been to 5 doctors for. I have a bunch of symptoms and I've learned through experimentation that excessive amounts of salty foods and the phosphoric acid in coca cola dramatically improves my symptoms. I know they are both electrolytes but is there anything else they have in common?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
best of luck to you. . .

1. What are sodium chloride and phosphoric acid?

Sodium chloride and phosphoric acid are chemical compounds commonly found in both natural and man-made products.

2. Are sodium chloride and phosphoric acid the same thing?

No, sodium chloride (NaCl) and phosphoric acid (H3PO4) are different chemical compounds with distinct chemical structures and properties.

3. What do sodium chloride and phosphoric acid have in common?

Both sodium chloride and phosphoric acid are commonly used as food additives and preservatives. They are also both found in natural sources such as saltwater and certain rocks and minerals.

4. Can sodium chloride and phosphoric acid be harmful?

While both compounds are generally considered safe for consumption in small amounts, excessive intake of either sodium chloride or phosphoric acid can have negative effects on health, such as high blood pressure and tooth decay.

5. How are sodium chloride and phosphoric acid used?

Sodium chloride is commonly used as a seasoning and preservative in food, as well as in industrial processes such as water softening and de-icing roads. Phosphoric acid is used in the production of fertilizers, beverages, and in various industrial applications.