How to Analyze and Evaluate the Enthalpy of Neutralisation Document?

• Thread starter matthewgiblin
  • Start date
In summary, the person is asking for help with a document that is in PDF format. They specifically need assistance with the analysis portion, including identifying errors and performing calculations. They also want guidance on what to include in the evaluation section. They are asking for help on a website, but are reminded to show their own work and ask more specific questions.
matthewgiblin
hi please can some1 help me with document which is a PDF format. i need to know how i can work out the analysis part. i need to know what type of errors i can mention and what the calculations i will need to carry out in order to get it correct. i would also just like to know what i can say in the evaluation section. i will be so grateful if some1 can help me, you will be blessed.

here is the site with the document on, please can som1 help me, please :confused:

www.creative-chemistry.org.uk/alevel/module2/documents/N-ch2-11.pdf

regards
matthew
xx

Last edited:
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Matthew,

We can not help unless you show your work. Read the rules in the Homework Help sticky.

You need to ask more specific questions.

1. What is enthalpy of neutralisation?

The enthalpy of neutralisation is the heat released or absorbed when an acid and a base react to form a salt and water.

2. How is enthalpy of neutralisation measured?

The enthalpy of neutralisation is measured using a calorimeter, which is a device that measures the heat released or absorbed during a chemical reaction.

3. What factors affect enthalpy of neutralisation?

The strength of the acid and base, the concentration of the acid and base, and the temperature of the reaction all affect the enthalpy of neutralisation.

4. Why is enthalpy of neutralisation important?

Enthalpy of neutralisation is important because it allows us to calculate the energy released or absorbed during a reaction, which can have practical applications in industries such as energy production and pharmaceuticals.

5. How can enthalpy of neutralisation be used in everyday life?

Enthalpy of neutralisation can be used in everyday life to understand the properties of different acids and bases, as well as determine the amount of heat released or absorbed during common chemical reactions, such as antacid tablets neutralizing stomach acid.