The easiest logic puzzle of all time

In summary, the puzzle asks for the value of two American coins with a combined value of $0.15. One of the coins is not a nickel, and the other is not specified. However, the answer is quite obvious as one coin must be a nickel and the other is a dime. Many people tend to overthink this problem, but it is a simple and easy solution.
T@P
this one is ridiculously obvious, and because of that, some people totally miss it. :rofl:

you have two coins, and the sum of the value of these two coins is $.15

(they are american coins. no japanese coins)

if one of your coins is not a nickel, what are the value's of your coins?

(maybe asking this is a math forum is a mistake, but hey w/e maybe ill embarass someone :) )

Physics news on Phys.org
I've heard it before.

This isn't really a math problem at all. Probably why I know the answer.
One is a nickel. The other is not a nickel. It is a dime. :smile:

T@P said:
this one is ridiculously obvious, and because of that, some people totally miss it. :rofl:

you have two coins, and the sum of the value of these two coins is $.15

(they are american coins. no japanese coins)

if one of your coins is not a nickel, what are the value's of your coins?

(maybe asking this is a math forum is a mistake, but hey w/e maybe ill embarass someone :) )
Whited Out--> Only one is not a nickel, the other one can be, so one's a dime, the other's a nickel. :wink:
That's too obvious

Wow! There are a lot of answers to this one... Uhmm... here are a couple:

Coin#1 : PCGS#83380 CA design from 1957 with a PCGS grading of 60. Penny worth 14 cents.
Coin#2 : PCGS#3184 RD design from 2004 with a PCGS grading of 65. Penny worth 1 cent.

Coin#1 : PCGS#83374 CA design from 1955 with a PCGS grading of 60. Penny worth 7 cents.
Coin#2 : PCGS#3107 RD design from 1993 with a PCGS grading of 65. Penny worth 8 cents.

Coin#1 : PCGS#93437 DC design from 1972-S with a PCGS grading of 65. Penny worth 11 cents.
Coin#2 : PCGS#83389 CA design from 1960 Large Date with a PCGS grading of 60. Penny worth 4 cents.

Any of these would work, since you're asking the value and not the face value. Wow... that's a pretty complicated question with a lot of answers.

My puzzle starts with knowing the value of a nickel. No sir, I am not speaking of economic value :uhh:

quark said:
My puzzle starts with knowing the value of a nickel. No sir, I am not speaking of economic value :uhh:

It doesn't say face value, so it's open to any value I guess. I'm just trying to be creative.

Yes, this is a classic example of overthinking by most people...

ONE of the coins is not a nickel...

thats right because its a dime...
the other coin is a nickel...

lol yes you probably could go on funny coins... but as I said nothing weird :) i guess you missed that :rofl:

anyway its easy but you would be surprised how many people miss it and then respectively miss you with a hammer after they hear the answer

1. What is the easiest logic puzzle of all time?

The easiest logic puzzle of all time is known as the "Einstein's Riddle" or the "Zebra Puzzle". It involves using logical deduction to determine the correct arrangement of a set of clues.

2. How does the easiest logic puzzle of all time work?

The easiest logic puzzle of all time works by providing a set of clues that, when logically deduced, can lead to a unique solution. Players must use critical thinking and logical reasoning to solve the puzzle.

3. Is the easiest logic puzzle of all time suitable for all ages?

The easiest logic puzzle of all time can be enjoyed by people of all ages. It does not require any special knowledge or skills, making it accessible to everyone.

4. How long does it take to solve the easiest logic puzzle of all time?

The time it takes to solve the easiest logic puzzle of all time varies from person to person. Some may solve it quickly, while others may take longer. It also depends on the complexity of the clues and the player's logical reasoning abilities.

5. Are there any tips for solving the easiest logic puzzle of all time?

Some tips for solving the easiest logic puzzle of all time include reading and understanding each clue carefully, making a diagram or chart to visualize the information, and using the process of elimination to narrow down the possibilities.