(good) Problem book for a variety of topics?

• Thread starter whyevengothere
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Topics
In summary, the conversation was about a person who purchased a book called "Mathematics: Its Content, Methods and Meaning" because it was inexpensive and had Kolmogorov as an author. They found the book to be very interesting, except for the chapter on electricity which they deemed useless. However, they were disappointed to find that there were no problems included in the book. They asked for suggestions for a problem book that covers all important topics in mathematics, similar to "Mathematics: Its Content, Methods and Meaning". Unfortunately, there was no additional help available at the moment and they were asked to specify which topics they were interested in.
whyevengothere
I've bought Mathematics: Its Content, Methods and Meaning Kolmogorov, Aleksandrov, and Lavrent'ev ( because it was cheap and had Kolmogorov as an author),it's very very interesting (that chapter on electric is kind of useless) ,sadly there are no problems .
I would like to ask for suggestions of special problem books that covers problem on all the important topics in mathematics? a problem book version of Mathematics: Its Content, Methods and Meaning Kolmogorov, Aleksandrov if you will.
Anything?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

I which topics are you interested in?

1. What makes a problem book "good" for a variety of topics?

A good problem book for a variety of topics should have a wide range of difficulty levels, cover a diverse set of subject areas, and provide clear and concise explanations for each problem. It should also have a good mix of theoretical and practical problems to challenge the reader's understanding and application of concepts.

2. How do I choose the right problem book for my specific field of study?

To choose the right problem book for your field of study, consider the level of difficulty and the specific subject areas covered in the book. Look for reviews and recommendations from experts in your field to ensure that the book is relevant and comprehensive.

3. Are problem books suitable for self-study or do they require guidance from a teacher?

Problem books can be used for both self-study and with guidance from a teacher. However, having a teacher or mentor to provide feedback and guidance can be beneficial in understanding and solving more challenging problems.

4. Can a problem book cover a wide range of topics and still be comprehensive?

Yes, a problem book can cover a wide range of topics and still be comprehensive. The key is to have a clear and organized structure, with problems that build upon each other and cover different aspects of a topic. Additionally, the book should have a good balance of difficulty levels to provide a well-rounded understanding of the subject.

5. How can I use a problem book to improve my problem-solving skills?

To use a problem book to improve your problem-solving skills, it is important to actively engage with the problems and not just read the solutions. Make sure to understand the underlying concepts and techniques used to solve each problem and try to apply them to similar problems. Also, challenge yourself by attempting problems that are slightly above your current skill level to continuously improve and expand your problem-solving abilities.