Wormhole to Top: Fastest Way to Reach the Top!

• Thread starter jim mcnamara
  • Start date
In summary, the Wormhole to the Top link does not work and the Wormhole image does not link back to the top.
jim mcnamara
Mentor
I know there already exists a thread on 'goto top'. But.

I really like the 'Wormhole to the top'. It fits PF wonderfully well. Thanks, Greg.

Physics news on Phys.org
I like the wormhole link, but I tend to click on the wormhole image, not the accompanying text, and it doesn't do anything. Could the wormhole image also link back to the top? (I'm using Chrome, if it makes any difference).

Likes 1 person
Jonathan Scott said:
I like the wormhole link, but I tend to click on the wormhole image, not the accompanying text, and it doesn't do anything. Could the wormhole image also link back to the top? (I'm using Chrome, if it makes any difference).

Roger that

Nice. Not only does the wormhole itself now work, but I think Greg arranged for it to go back in time a little and fixed it even before I asked for it!

I still think that we need special effects.

Evo said:

Somebody ambitious needs to implement the stuff in these papers by Thomas Muller:

"Visual appearance of a Morris-Thorne-Wormhole," American Journal of Physics 72, 1045-1050 (2004);

"Exact geometric optics in a Morris-Thorne wormhole spacetime," Physical Review D 77, 044043 (2008).

Unfortunately, both of these nice papers are behind paywalls, i.e., neither is on the arXiv.

I don't like that the wormhole is, in some posts, in the middle(ish) and in other posts is on the right side. Make it in the middle regardless of being a multi-page thread or not.

Strange said:
I don't like that the wormhole is, in some posts, in the middle(ish) and in other posts is on the right side. Make it in the middle regardless of being a multi-page thread or not.

What browser? For me it's always in the middle when using Chrome.

Greg Bernhardt said:

always at the bottom with Firefox 29.0.1

This isn't a problem for me, just a data point.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Using Firefox, the wormhole is to the right for single-page threads, and in the middle for multiple-page threads. (Based on a data sample of 2, anyway.)

jbunniii said:
Using Firefox, the wormhole is to the right for single-page threads, and in the middle for multiple-page threads. (Based on a data sample of 2, anyway.)

Me too, using Chrome. Surely it has to do with the page list being on the right when there is more than one page.

Evo said:

Yes! Bling! Sparklers! Fireworks! Maybe a whooshing sound.

LCKurtz said:
Yes! Bling! Sparklers! Fireworks! Maybe a whooshing sound.
YES!

:!) LCKurtz!

George Jones said:
Somebody ambitious needs to implement the stuff in these papers by Thomas Muller:

"Visual appearance of a Morris-Thorne-Wormhole," American Journal of Physics 72, 1045-1050 (2004);

"Exact geometric optics in a Morris-Thorne wormhole spacetime," Physical Review D 77, 044043 (2008).

Unfortunately, both of these nice papers are behind paywalls, i.e., neither is on the arXiv.

Or maybe use some sort of Causal Dynamical Triangulation software that members can make use of in MY PF.

hmmm here is what I see in Chrome and FF

Attachments

• single.png
    single.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 406
  • multi.png
    multi.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 401
Greg Bernhardt said:
hmmm here is what I see in Chrome and FF

That's not what I see in Chrome for single page threads. I think the Wormhole appears in the centre for you because of the "Moderation" drop down menu. Normal users doesn't have that so the Wormhole appears on the right.

I have another cool idea. When I select a long-hot thread in usercp, it leads to the top of the page, instead can you make a wormhole to the bottom at the top of this page.?

Pranav-Arora said:
That's not what I see in Chrome for single page threads. I think the Wormhole appears in the centre for you because of the "Moderation" drop down menu. Normal users doesn't have that so the Wormhole appears on the right.
I think you might have figured it out!

The wormhole is a little unstable and may change locations from time to time.
2HUPDzn.gif

The easy solution is to give us all moderation menus.

jbunniii said:
The easy solution is to give us all moderation menus.

There should be a +1 button or whatever. I laughed reading your post, thank you!

Also, following what others said, in my browser (latest firefox) it is never centered. It kind of pisses me off. It's a little bit to the left (for single pages threads)..

Govind_Balaji said:
I have another cool idea. When I select a long-hot thread in usercp, it leads to the top of the page, instead can you make a wormhole to the bottom at the top of this page.?
Click the http://physicsforums.bernhardtmediall.netdna-cdn.com/images/physicsforums/buttons/firstnew.gif icon, it will take you to the first unread post (or what the forum considers as such).

Last edited by a moderator:

What is a wormhole?

A wormhole is a hypothetical tunnel-like structure in space-time that connects two distant points, allowing for faster-than-light travel.

How does the "Wormhole to Top" concept work?

The "Wormhole to Top" concept suggests using a wormhole to bypass the usual obstacles and challenges in climbing to the top of a career or profession. It proposes a faster and more efficient way to achieve success.

Is the "Wormhole to Top" concept scientifically possible?

At this time, wormholes are still a theoretical concept and have not been proven to exist. Therefore, the "Wormhole to Top" concept is not currently scientifically possible.

What are the potential dangers of using a wormhole?

As wormholes are purely theoretical, their potential dangers cannot be accurately predicted. However, theories suggest that entering a wormhole could result in extreme gravitational forces and time dilation, potentially causing harm to any living beings passing through it.

Are there any real-life examples of a "Wormhole to Top" scenario?

No, there are no known instances of a real-life wormhole being used to reach the top of a career or profession. The "Wormhole to Top" concept is purely hypothetical and has not been tested or proven.