"Thanks" Button in Android app

• Thread starter interhacker
  • Start date
  • Tags
    android
In summary, the "Thanks" button is a feature commonly found in social media and messaging apps on the Android platform. It allows users to express their gratitude or other positive emotions towards a post, message, or other content shared by another user. The button can be customized by the app developer and is not a standard feature in all Android apps. Its meaning may vary between users and contexts.
interhacker
Gold Member
I often thank people who make helpful and informative posts on PF to show my appreciation. I believe it promotes mutual respect and constructive discussion.

However, unlike the main site, I haven't been able to locate the "thanks" option on posts i view via the physics forums android app. Can it please be added?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
interhacker said:
However, unlike the main site, I haven't been able to locate the "thanks" option on posts i view via the physics forums android app. Can it please be added?

It would be nice, but it can't be added, sorry.

1. What is the purpose of the "Thanks" button in an Android app?

The "Thanks" button is a feature commonly found in social media and messaging apps on the Android platform. Its purpose is to allow users to quickly and easily express their gratitude or appreciation for a post, message, or other content shared by another user.

2. How does the "Thanks" button work in an Android app?

When a user clicks or taps on the "Thanks" button, it typically triggers a small animation or sound effect to indicate that the button has been pressed. In most cases, the button will also display a small pop-up message or notification to let the user know that their thanks has been received by the recipient.

3. Can the "Thanks" button be customized in an Android app?

Yes, the appearance and functionality of the "Thanks" button can be customized by the app developer. This can include changing the design, color, or placement of the button, as well as adding additional features such as the ability to include a personalized message or image with the thanks.

4. Is the "Thanks" button a standard feature in all Android apps?

No, the "Thanks" button is not a standard feature in all Android apps. It is commonly found in social media and messaging apps, but may not be present in other types of apps. Additionally, the name and design of the button may vary between apps.

5. Can the "Thanks" button be used to convey other emotions besides gratitude?

While the "Thanks" button is primarily used to express thanks or appreciation, its meaning can vary between users and in different contexts. Some users may use the button to express other positive emotions such as love or support, while others may use it sarcastically or ironically. It is ultimately up to the individual user to determine how they want to use the button.