Repeated template when editing Homework posts

• Thread starter carllacan
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a bug in the templates of the Homework subforum where an empty template is added when a post is edited. The bug is a known issue and cannot be fixed by the forum members. The solution is to click the Report button and the Mentors will clean it up. The last comment is a joke about the irony of not being able to fix a technical issue in a forum full of experts in theoretical physics.
carllacan
Hi.

I've noticed a bug in the templates of the Homework subforum. Whenever I edit a post I get an empty template added to the original text.

That is, if I edit the post

1. Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah
2. Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah
3. Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah

I get
1. Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah
2. Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah
3. Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah
1. Blah blah blah

2. Blah blah blah

3. Blah blah blah

Physics news on Phys.org
It's a known bug that we are unable to solve.

Likes 1 person
A forum full of people who can do theoretical physics and we can't fix that? Weird :-p

The people in the forum do not control the software used to run the forum.

Please feel free to click the Report button on such OPs. The Mentors can clean that up fairly quickly. I do it all of the time.

It was just a joke...

carllacan said:
It was just a joke...

We got it, thanks.

1. What is a "Repeated template" when editing homework posts?

A "Repeated template" is a standardized format or structure that is used when editing homework posts. It typically includes specific sections such as the title, problem statement, solution, and conclusion. This template is used to provide a clear and consistent format for homework posts, making it easier for readers to understand and follow the content.

2. Why is it important to use a "Repeated template" when editing homework posts?

Using a "Repeated template" when editing homework posts is important because it helps to organize the content in a logical and easy-to-follow manner. It also ensures that all necessary information is included in the post, such as the problem statement and solution, which is important for readers to understand the context and purpose of the homework assignment.

3. Can I customize the "Repeated template" to fit my specific homework assignment?

Yes, you can customize the "Repeated template" to fit your specific homework assignment. While the overall structure should remain consistent, you can make changes to the format or add additional sections as needed. Just make sure to include all the necessary information for readers to understand your homework assignment.

4. Is there a specific format for the "Repeated template" when editing homework posts?

There is no specific format for the "Repeated template" when editing homework posts. However, it is important to ensure that the content is well-organized and easy to follow. You can use headings, bullet points, or numbered lists to make the structure clear, but the most important thing is to include all the necessary information in a logical order.

5. Are there any resources or examples available for the "Repeated template" when editing homework posts?

Yes, there are resources and examples available for the "Repeated template" when editing homework posts. You can search online for templates or guidelines on how to structure homework posts. Additionally, you can also look at previous homework posts or ask your instructor for examples to get a better understanding of how to use the "Repeated template" effectively.