Can Nero 4 Burn DVDs That Play on Regular DVD Players?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of burning DVDs with slideshows and music that can be played on a regular DVD player. The person is looking for a free software that can do this, possibly thinking that Nero Pro can solve the problem. The other person suggests that the issue may be with the quality of the DVD player rather than the burning program. However, the first person is mistaken and there is a utility in Nerovision Express that can make the DVD compatible for older DVD players.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I have a friend who has Nero 4 and can apparently burn DVDs with slideshows but they only play on her computer.

She wants to be able to burn DVDs with slide transitions and music that can play on a regular DVD player (as opposed to a computer DVD drive).

She thinks that something like Nero Pro can do it. She wants to know if there's somewhere she could get some s/w for free that could do what she wants.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I think this has to do more with the quality of the DVD player than the program burning it, or am I way of base?

I think you're off base.

If she is using something like Nerovision Express there is a utility that will reflag the DVD disk to make it compatible for older DVD players.

1. How do I burn a DVD with Nero 4?

To burn a DVD with Nero 4, you will first need to open the program and select the "Burn" option. Then, click on the "New" button and choose "DVD" as the type of disc you want to burn. Next, add the files you want to burn by clicking on the "Add" button and selecting the files from your computer. Finally, click on the "Burn" button to start the burning process.

2. Can I customize the burning settings in Nero 4?

Yes, Nero 4 allows you to customize the burning settings to suit your needs. You can adjust the burning speed, choose the type of disc, and select the burning method. Additionally, you can also select the number of copies you want to burn and set the disc label.

3. How long does it take to burn a DVD with Nero 4?

The time it takes to burn a DVD with Nero 4 can vary depending on the size of the files and the speed of your computer. Generally, it can take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to burn a standard DVD. However, this time may be longer for larger or more complex files.

4. Can Nero 4 burn DVDs from ISO files?

Yes, Nero 4 is capable of burning DVDs from ISO files. To do this, you will need to select the "Burn Image" option and then choose the ISO file from your computer. Nero 4 will then burn the ISO file onto the DVD.

5. Is there a limit to the number of files I can burn onto a DVD with Nero 4?

Yes, there is a limit to the number of files that can be burned onto a DVD with Nero 4. This limit is based on the size of the files and the capacity of the DVD. It is recommended to check the size of your files and the capacity of your DVD before attempting to burn to ensure that all files will fit onto the disc.