VOTE Photo Contest - Rubber Eraser

In summary, the pictures in this contest are very quirky and have a good variety of themes. Chi Meson's picture is the most creative and Moonbear's picture is the prettiest. I voted for Chi Meson because she is original.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Rubber Eraser

• Chi Meson

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • scorpa

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Physics is Phun

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • neutrino

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Moonbear

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • robphy

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Zenparticle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Integral

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Considering how quirky the theme is, we have a very good group of pictures for this contest.

Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme - Rubber Eraser!

1. Chi Meson
Rubaway2.jpg

2. scorpa
IMG_0343.jpg

3. Physics is Phun
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4233/img2695pm1.jpg [Broken]

4. neutrino
PFPCAPR.jpg

5. Moonbear
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1955/eraserbu5.jpg [Broken]

6. robphy
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6846/pict0024bt0.jpg [Broken]

7. Zenparticle
http://www.jayofteror.com/uploads/1176665722/gallery_98_88_37692.jpg

8. Integral
http://home.comcast.net/~Integral50/Photo_contest/HPIM0916a.JPG [Broken]

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=165652".

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I chose robphy. it's a very pretty picture

Nice one Moonbear, it got my vote!

I voted for scorpa, I wish I could get my dog to stay still like that- good pic

Neutrino, for brashness (and for being very little mass with no net charge)

I went with Robphy...I hate it when that happens to me!

Going with Robphy for humor...and because I can sympathize. :rofl:

robphy. It's anthology.

The lighting in robphy's is really nice. I would have voted for Moonbear's if she had dried off the water (and not used a rubber band--cheater!).

It's between Chi Meson for originality and Scorpa for the impossible. They both win in the cute category, which is my weakness.

Wow! This contest is tight. It's neck and neck for first place! Get your votes in!

Zz.

Went with Chi, very creative. :biggrin:

Knavish said:
I would have voted for Moonbear's if she had dried off the water
:confused: What water?
(and not used a rubber band--cheater!).
:redface: Didn't know of any other way to make the pencils stay together, and none of the shots that left the rubber band out of the frame looked quite right. :frown:

Scorpa got my vote for getting a cat to do at least one thing that she wanted, and working in the eraser.

Hint: Scorpa, you might want to lose the "cat angle" if ZZ comes up with a contest that involves bricks, burdocks, or fireworks.:uhh:

turbo-1 said:
Scorpa got my vote for getting a cat to do at least one thing that she wanted, and working in the eraser.

Haha that picture was about the 20th try, I think he finally got so mad he just sat still for a second and let me take the picture so I would leave him alone.

turbo-1 said:
Hint: Scorpa, you might want to lose the "cat angle" if ZZ comes up with a contest that involves bricks, burdocks, or fireworks.:uhh:

I'll keep that in mind :tongue:

OK well me and my lame picture feel rejected- we will be in the corner making faces with each other! Don't worry about me guys:cry:

Oh you wish! I am so kidding hehe

Looks like I'll have to call my family up and ask them to register @PF:rolleyes:

You have less than 2 days left to vote in this contest. It is still extremely close for first place! Are we going to have another tie for first place? Or will one pull away in the last minute?

Zz.

Zenparticle said:
OK well me and my lame picture feel rejected- we will be in the corner making faces with each other! Don't worry about me guys:cry:

Oh you wish! I am so kidding hehe

Looks like I'll have to call my family up and ask them to register @PF:rolleyes:

I think it is a cute pic, and am surprised it hasn't gotten any votes.. I have been skunked a couple times.. sort 'a embarrassing isn't it :cry: Hang in there and keep trying!

Chi Meson's pic is very creative.

Two more votes for Robhy, and it's a tie for the top three spots!

Less than a day left, and Chi Meson is pulling away! Will robphy catches up at the minute? Cast your vote now, if you haven't already!

The fight for 3rd place is also a dead heat!

Zz.

What is the purpose of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Rubber Eraser"?

The purpose of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Rubber Eraser" is to engage the public in voting for their favorite photo of a rubber eraser submitted to the contest. This helps to promote creativity and encourage participation in the scientific community.

How do I submit a photo of a rubber eraser to the contest?

To submit a photo to the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Rubber Eraser", you must first follow the guidelines outlined by the contest organizers. These guidelines typically include the theme of the contest, technical requirements for the photo, and the submission process.

Who can participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Rubber Eraser"?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Rubber Eraser" is open to anyone who meets the eligibility criteria set by the contest organizers. This may include age restrictions, professional affiliations, or geographic location.

How are the winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Rubber Eraser" determined?

The winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Rubber Eraser" are determined through a combination of public voting and judging by a panel of experts. The exact criteria for judging may vary, but typically includes creativity, technical quality, and adherence to the theme of the contest.

What are the benefits of participating in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Rubber Eraser"?

Participating in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Rubber Eraser" can provide various benefits, such as recognition for your work, networking opportunities with other scientists, and potential prizes or awards. It can also help to showcase your creativity and expertise in your field of study.