What is the Equation for Calculating Uncertainty in Velocity and Acceleration?

In summary, the equations p \rightarrow q \vee r, p \wedge \neg q \rightarrow r, and p \wedge \neg r \rightarrow q are all equivalent to \neg p \wedge (q \vee r). Additionally, the equations for calculating volume and acceleration using uncertainties can be simplified using the relevant equations. The final equations for volume and acceleration are 0.08cm^3 and 0.042 m/s^2, respectively.
Raza

Homework Statement

Hi. I need to prove that these 3 eqns are the same.

[tex]p \rightarrow q \vee r[/tex]

[tex]p \wedge \neg q \rightarrow r [/tex]

[tex]p \wedge \neg r \rightarrow q[/tex]

Homework Equations

[tex]p \rightarrow q \equiv \neg p \wedge q[/tex]

The Attempt at a Solution

[tex]p \rightarrow q \vee r[/tex]

[tex]p \rightarrow \neg q \rightarrow r[/tex]

[tex]\neg p \wedge \neg q \rightarrow r[/tex]

That's all I got. Please help me.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure what you are doing. I don't see how you got [itex]p \rightarrow \neg q \wedge r[/itex] from any of those!

Using your "relevant equation", the first becomes [itex]\not p\wedge (q\vee r)[/itex], the second [itex]\not (p\wedge \not q)\vee r[/itex] which is itself equivalent ot [itex](\not p \vee q)\vee r.

Frankly I would use truth tables!

I had made a mistake, now I have corrected it. and I am not allowed to use the truth table.

Thank you

just ignore this, I need latex for MS word.
[tex]\sqrt{2 \times (\frac{0.1}{3.2})^2 + (\frac{0.2}{3.0})^2}[/tex]

[tex]=0.079984804cm^3[/tex]

[tex]=0.08cm^3[/tex]

Last edited:
Again, please ignore this
just ignore this, I need latex for MS word.
[tex]\frac{\Delta v}{v} = \sqrt{(\frac{\Delta \ell}{\ell})^2 + (\frac{\Delta t}{t})^2}[/tex]

[tex]\frac{\Delta v}{v} = \sqrt{(\frac{0.001}{0.101})^2 + (\frac{0.00001}{0.3950})^2}[/tex]

[tex]\frac{\Delta v}{v} = 0.0099m/s[/tex]

[tex]\frac{\Delta a}{a} = \sqrt{(\frac{\Delta v_1}{v_1})^2 + (\frac{\Delta v_2}{v_2})^2} + (\frac{\Delta d}{d})^2}[/tex]

[tex]\frac{\Delta a}{a} = \sqrt{(\frac{0.0099}{0.256})^2 + (\frac{0.0099}{0.620})^2 + (\frac{0.01}{0.60})^2}[/tex]

[tex]\frac{\Delta a}{a} = \sqrt{(0.00149) + (0.000254) + (0.000277)}[/tex]

[tex]\frac{\Delta a}{a} = \sqrt{0.002021}[/tex]

[tex]\frac{\Delta a}{a} = 0.041945[/tex]

[tex]\frac{\Delta a}{a} = 0.042 m/s^2[/tex]

Last edited:

1. What is discrete mathematics?

Discrete mathematics is a branch of mathematics that deals with discrete, countable elements and structures, as opposed to continuous and infinite concepts found in other branches of mathematics.

2. What are some applications of discrete mathematics?

Discrete mathematics has many applications in computer science, such as in algorithms, coding theory, and graph theory. It is also used in operations research, cryptography, and game theory.

3. What are common topics studied in discrete mathematics?

Common topics in discrete mathematics include set theory, combinatorics, graph theory, logic, and probability. Other topics may include number theory, algebraic structures, and discrete calculus.

4. How is discrete mathematics different from continuous mathematics?

Discrete mathematics deals with countable and distinct elements, while continuous mathematics deals with uncountable and continuously varying quantities. Discrete mathematics uses methods such as logic and combinatorics, while continuous mathematics uses methods such as calculus and differential equations.

5. Is discrete mathematics important?

Yes, discrete mathematics is important as it provides the foundation for many areas of mathematics and has numerous real-world applications. It also helps develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which are valuable in various fields including computer science, economics, and engineering.