Build a Powerful Telescope at Home | Tips and Tricks for Optimal Magnification

• Stargazing
  • Thread starter gdpudasaini
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Telescope
In summary, the speaker is looking for advice on how to make a telescope with a magnification of more than 20 times at home. They attempted to make one using two convex lenses, but it only magnified 2 times instead of the expected 10. They are now seeking suggestions for improving the telescope, with a focus on improving its resolving power by using a larger mirror to collect more light.
gdpudasaini
Please say me how...telescope

I want to make a telescope with the magnification of more than 20 times. I want to make it in my own home. I tried to make one using two convex lenses one og focal length 100cm(objective) and other of focal length 10cm(eye piece). So according to theoritical calculation it should magnify 10 timnes. But i found that it magnified only 2 times. I am depressed. Please someone suggest me how can i make a better telescope.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
magnification is not an important thing in telescopes, you want resolving power.

how

then how can i get that?

large mirror, that collects much light. There are millions of homepages if you google

What is a telescope and how does it work?

A telescope is a scientific instrument used to view objects in the distance, such as stars, planets, and galaxies. It works by using a combination of lenses or mirrors to gather and focus light from these objects, making them appear larger and clearer to the viewer.

What are the different types of telescopes?

There are three main types of telescopes: refracting, reflecting, and catadioptric. Refracting telescopes use lenses to gather and focus light, reflecting telescopes use mirrors, and catadioptric telescopes use a combination of lenses and mirrors. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages.

What is the difference between a telescope and a microscope?

A telescope is used to view distant objects in the sky, while a microscope is used to view small objects up close. Telescopes use lenses or mirrors to magnify light from distant objects, while microscopes use lenses to magnify small objects in front of them.

Do I need a special license or training to operate a telescope?

In most cases, no special license or training is required to operate a telescope. However, it is important to read the instruction manual and familiarize yourself with the equipment before using it. Also, some telescopes may require additional equipment or knowledge to operate effectively, such as a computerized mount.

Can I use a telescope to see other planets or galaxies?

Yes, a telescope can be used to view other planets and galaxies. However, the type and size of the telescope will determine how much detail you can see. Also, factors such as light pollution, weather conditions, and the location of the object in the sky can affect the quality of your viewing experience.