Review Time] Can't Answer That Question...

In summary, during a review session, a question was brought up about the total work done on a block sliding up a frictionless plane. The question was followed by a discussion on the direction of the block's motion and the application of the work-energy theorem. It was determined that the block would be slowing down and the work done on the block would be negative. Thanks to the help of others, the question was answered and the concept was understood.
pebbles
Review time; came across that question in the text...I DON'T KNOW!

...i hate this class.

:"[

Physics news on Phys.org
what is the total work done on a block sliding up a frictionless plane?

Is the block slowing down or speeding up?

What does the work-energy theorem say?

block would be slowing down right, if it's going up?

work-energy thm. says W= change in kinetic energy...

It's negative, because the projection of the force of gravity on the displacement up the ramp is in the opposite direction.

pebbles said:
block would be slowing down right, if it's going up?

work-energy thm. says W= change in kinetic energy...

exactly... so since it is slowing down... change in kinetic energy is negative... so work done on the block is negative.

ok. i think i get it.

thanks guys! :]

What is the purpose of a review time?

A review time is a designated period for individuals or teams to reflect on their work or performance, gather feedback, and identify areas for improvement.

Why is it important to have a review time?

Review time allows for individuals or teams to evaluate their progress, identify strengths and weaknesses, and make necessary adjustments to achieve their goals.

What are some common strategies for conducting a review time?

Some common strategies for review time include setting specific goals or objectives, gathering feedback from peers or supervisors, and creating action plans for improvement.

How often should review time be conducted?

The frequency of review time can vary depending on the individual or team's needs and goals. It can be conducted weekly, monthly, or at the end of a project or task.

What are the benefits of having a review time?

Review time can lead to improved performance, increased self-awareness, and better teamwork. It also allows for continuous learning and growth.