Good computer strategy/RPG games

In summary, the games by Battlefront, Combat Mission, Beyond Overlord, for one, are excellent games with a unique game engine. They are very accurate as far as weapons capabilities go.
neworder1
Do you know any really complex, innovative and playable computer strategy/RPG games worth playing? When I was a bit younger I used to play quite a lot and I think I've played every major title there is, from Civilization through Heroes of M&M to Planescape:Torment. Now most games seem to be boring (I got older :) ), they hardly ever introduce any genuinely new elements into gameplay, and that's especially true about mass-market games, so I'm looking for some less known titles. As for RPG I tried roguelike stuff like ADOM, but that's just hack'n'slash, and I tried Stars!, but I felt there's more bureaucracy there than real gaming. I'd like to find something really complex and difficult, but Google/Wikipedia bring nothing of that kind. Any suggestions?

Computer science news on Phys.org
The games by Battlefront, Combat Mission, Beyond Overlord, for one, are excellent games with a unique game engine. They are very accurate as far as weapons capabilities go. This is not fantasy, this is WWII. You plot your moves on a 3d battlefield, after each player has plotted, the computer plays a 1 minute movie of the combined moves. You have control of individual tanks and infantry squads, so it is a tactical level rather then strategic.

Have you played any of the Commandos games? WWII RTS except instead of various units to build and/or command you have a black ops team. The newest title is a FPS the the older ones are RTS style.

My friend loves Rome Total War and the newer title Medieval Total War.

Medieval Total War, you'll be hooked!

Jordan.

Warcraft 3, play competitively though! single player is awesome also.

1. What makes a computer game a good strategy/RPG game?

A good strategy/RPG game typically has a well-developed storyline, challenging gameplay, and a variety of character customization options. It also often includes elements of resource management, decision-making, and exploration.

2. Are there any specific features to look for in a good strategy/RPG game?

Some key features to look for in a good strategy/RPG game include a wide range of playable characters with unique abilities, a diverse set of enemies, and a strategic combat system that requires careful planning and execution.

3. Can you recommend any popular strategy/RPG games?

Some popular strategy/RPG games include The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Civilization VI, XCOM 2, and Divinity: Original Sin 2. These games have received critical acclaim for their engaging storylines, challenging gameplay, and immersive worlds.

4. What are the benefits of playing strategy/RPG games?

Playing strategy/RPG games can improve cognitive skills such as problem-solving, decision-making, and critical thinking. They also offer a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction when overcoming challenges and completing quests.

5. Are there any educational aspects to strategy/RPG games?

Yes, many strategy/RPG games incorporate historical or cultural elements, which can provide players with a deeper understanding of different time periods or cultures. They can also help players develop skills such as time management, teamwork, and leadership.