Exploring the Many Forms of God: Creator, Manager, and Sustainer

• Thread starter Erus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forms
In summary, the conversation discusses three different types of gods: creator, manager, and sustainer. The concept of a creator is seen as a super natural being that existed before existence, while religions often view god as a manager who controls faith and miracles. The idea of a sustainer, on the other hand, is more scientific and suggests that god is the underlying force behind all existence. The conversation also acknowledges that there may be other concepts of god beyond these three and invites further discussion on the topic.
Erus
I will try my hardest not to fret off to any religious beliefs of God, mostly speak of ideas to how we approach God. In my eyes, there can be 3 types of Gods.

a) Creator
b) Manager
c) Sustainer

Most I presume at this forum believe in a (Creator), that a super natural being, (infinite intelligence) existed before existence. How such could exist before the universe (or any other creation that 'exists') is paradoxal.

Religions stem from b (Manager), where God comes in many forms. These Gods are believed to control faith and miracles, listen to prayers, watch upon their universe like a spaceless and timeless valley with streams of motion. They observe all from a top a hill, above all other scenery.

And finally c (Sustainer). This would be most scientifical (in my opinion, er), that is, a Sustaining God is the underlying to all existence. That without this, all other forces and dimensions would not exist. We know of Motion and Gravity, but do we know why these two exist and sustain?

There are probably many more concepts of God, and I would be very intrigued to see this discussion opened up.

Physics news on Phys.org
My belief in god only exist for a small moment then dies.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and perspectives on the different forms of God. It is interesting to see how different individuals perceive and approach the concept of a higher being.

I personally believe that the idea of a Creator, Manager, and Sustainer can be seen as different roles or aspects of God rather than separate entities. For example, the Creator could be seen as the force responsible for the creation and beginning of all things, the Manager could be seen as the guiding and governing force that maintains order and balance in the universe, and the Sustainer could be seen as the continuous energy and life force that keeps everything in existence.

Regardless of one's religious beliefs, I think it's important to recognize the vastness and complexity of the universe and the limitations of our human understanding. Whether we believe in a single God or multiple gods, it's clear that there is something greater at work in the world and it's up to each individual to interpret and understand that in their own way.

I also find it interesting that you mention the concept of a Sustaining God as being "most scientific." While science can certainly help us understand the physical laws and forces that govern our world, I believe that there are aspects of the universe that are beyond our current understanding and may require a more spiritual or philosophical approach.

Overall, the concept of God is a deeply personal and complex one, and I believe that there is room for different interpretations and beliefs. What's important is that we approach the idea of God with an open mind and respect for others' beliefs, and continue to explore and question our understanding of the universe and our place in it.

What are the different forms of God?

The three main forms of God are Creator, Manager, and Sustainer. Creator refers to God as the source of all creation, Manager refers to God as the one who governs and directs the universe, and Sustainer refers to God as the one who maintains and sustains all life.

How do these forms of God interact with each other?

The three forms of God are not separate entities, but rather different aspects of the same God. They work together in harmony to create, manage, and sustain the universe and all living beings.

Are these forms of God found in all religions?

Yes, these forms of God are found in many different religions and belief systems around the world. In Hinduism, they are known as Brahma (Creator), Vishnu (Manager), and Shiva (Sustainer). In Christianity, they are known as God the Father (Creator), God the Son (Manager), and God the Holy Spirit (Sustainer).

Do these forms of God have specific roles or responsibilities?

Yes, each form of God has a specific role or responsibility in the functioning of the universe. The Creator is responsible for the creation of all things, the Manager is responsible for governing and maintaining order, and the Sustainer is responsible for sustaining life and providing support.

Why is it important to understand these forms of God?

Understanding these forms of God can help us gain a deeper understanding and appreciation for the complexity and beauty of the universe. It can also help us to develop a closer relationship with God and to better understand our place in the world.