Old Relativity Texts - Download Free from Archive.org

• Thread starter matheinste
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Relativity
In summary, the conversation discusses a useful website, archive.org, which contains old texts on relativity by various authors, both pro and anti-relativity. The speakers express surprise and gratitude for finding these texts, but note that some desired texts are not available on the site.
matheinste
While doing some local history research I came across the following, which is very useful for history research.

http://www.archive.org

However if you do a search on relativity you will find many old texts including those by Robb, Tolman, Eddington, Weyl, Schlick and others, most pro but some anti relativity, all freely downloadable, each one in several formats.

I hope those not already familiar with this site will find this informsation helpful.

Matheinste.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Cool, thanks! I had gone to a lot of trouble in the past to get copies of Born and Eddington -- had no idea they were available on archive.org!

Too bad it doesn't have Pauli's 1921 article on relativity or its expanded book form from 1956. This is a really interesting document, especially considering how you Pauli was and and how new relativity was, and how thorough this book was for the day.

1. What is "Old Relativity Texts"?

"Old Relativity Texts" refers to a collection of books and scientific papers related to the theory of relativity, specifically those published before the mid-20th century. These texts are now in the public domain and can be freely downloaded from Archive.org.

2. How can I access these old relativity texts from Archive.org?

To access the old relativity texts from Archive.org, simply go to their website and search for the specific text you are looking for. You can also browse through the collection by selecting the "Sci-Fi & Space" category and then choosing "Relativity" from the list of subcategories.

3. Are these old relativity texts still relevant to modern science?

While some of the specific theories and equations presented in these texts may have been updated or refined over time, the fundamental principles of relativity remain the same. Therefore, these old relativity texts can still provide valuable insights and historical perspectives on the development of the theory.

4. Can I use these old relativity texts for my research or academic work?

Yes, you can use these old relativity texts for your research or academic work. However, it is important to note that these texts may not include the most up-to-date information and should be used in conjunction with more recent publications.

5. Are there any limitations to downloading these old relativity texts from Archive.org?

No, there are no limitations to downloading these texts from Archive.org. They are in the public domain and can be freely accessed and downloaded by anyone. However, be sure to check the copyright status of any individual text before using it for commercial purposes.