Instant Battery Charging: Is it Possible?

In summary, EEStor claims that they have developed a technology that allows for charging of batteries from a super capacitor bank instantly. The technology is still in development, and there are many questions that need to be answered before the claims can be fully verified.

Is EEStor real or an ellaborate hoax?

• Yes, Definately Possible.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The government doesnt want us to know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CadillacSnow
http://arstechnica.com/science/news...lead-to-instant-charging-long-charge-life.ars

Ive been reading a little on this EEStor thing. With so many negative comments about it and secrecy behind it, I began pondering it and would like more feed back.

Question: Is it theoretically possible to charge a battery bank from a super capacitor bank instantly? Keeping in mind that the types of capacitors and batteries are not specified, and use for the power ie: commercial, industrial, residential, or personal is not specified either.

Please prove your answers.

Engineering news on Phys.org

Looks like an interesting technology if they can pull it off:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EEStor

Guess we just have to wait and see if it's real or not. BTW, the wiki article does not claim "instant" charging. It charges at the rate of a capacitor, versus the chemical battery's longer charging time. Still much faster though.

Thanks for your reply bro.

I was basing my post on the latest article I read which uses the term "Instant".

For you "Sheldon Coopers" and other nit pickers out there, I of course know that a battery or capacitor can not be instantly charged like electricity to a light bulb by the flick of a switch.

What interests me is the possibility of low voltage electric generators charging capacitor banks flowing to an inverter or converter or transformer charging a bank of batteries for off grid living, and renewable energy from multiple simultaneous sources.

What I am too lazy to research in the 42 electrical engineering books I have in front of me, is the benefits, if any, of using both a capacitor bank and a battery bank of any material or configuration.

Hence, my thread post here.

Thanks.

Sure, in theory it is possible to charge batteries from capacitors:

C = Q/V

That is Capacitance = 1 Coulomb of charge per 1 Volt

Charging a battery is inputting current to it, or I = dQ/dt, and this occurs when Vsource > Vbatt. The problem is not in charging batteries from capacitors, but finding capacitors large enough for the charge to be meaningful to the battery.

Discovering, Inventing or refining a process to create a dielectric capable of withstanding the energy densities claimed by EEStor seems unlikely in the near future, but not impossible. The fact that EEStor has announced a product that they have as yet to demonstrate lends NO credence to their claims, but does not guarantee their claims are fraudulent.

There are numerous other "strikes" against EEStor's claim, but until they reveal a product for unbiased review, their claims cannot be 100% refuted...BUT, if it walks like a duck, it is prolly just a duck, IMHO.

Fish

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you so much for your reply Fish. If what they have is real then the greatest leap forward in electronic and computer technology is here.

The oil industry pays this company to keep this technology off the market for obvious reasons - this is why there are still investors; because the tech is real, but suppressed. Lockheed-Martin (partner of EEStor as seen on Wikipedia) is currently using this technology for black projects.

Exxon said:
The oil industry pays this company to keep this technology off the market for obvious reasons - this is why there are still investors; because the tech is real, but suppressed. Lockheed-Martin (partner of EEStor as seen on Wikipedia) is currently using this technology for black projects.

You need to support these claims, else you look like a conspiracy theory fruitcake.

1. Is instant battery charging technology possible?

At this time, there is no known technology that can instantly charge a battery. The process of charging a battery involves the movement of ions within the battery, and this process takes time. While there have been advancements in battery technology, such as fast charging and rapid charging, instant battery charging is not yet feasible.

2. What is the fastest way to charge a battery?

The fastest way to charge a battery is through rapid charging or fast charging technology. This involves using a higher voltage or current to charge the battery at a faster rate. However, this can also cause damage to the battery in the long run, so it is important to follow manufacturer's guidelines for charging your specific battery.

3. Can fast charging damage my battery?

Using fast charging technology can cause more wear and tear on a battery compared to regular charging. This can lead to a shorter overall lifespan of the battery. It is important to follow the recommended charging guidelines for your specific battery to ensure its longevity.

4. How do advances in battery technology affect charging times?

Advances in battery technology have allowed for faster charging times compared to older battery models. This is due to improvements in the materials used in batteries, as well as advancements in charging technology. However, instant battery charging is still not possible with current technology.

5. Are there any potential risks or dangers associated with fast charging?

There are some potential risks and dangers associated with fast charging, such as overheating or damaging the battery. It is important to use the correct charging method and follow manufacturer's guidelines to avoid these risks. Additionally, using fast charging frequently can also lead to a shorter overall lifespan of the battery.

Back