Why is Physics Forums a crucial resource for struggling physics students?

• Thread starter nurdie
  • Start date
I'm a long-time member at PF and it has helped me immensely with my studies and understanding of physics. It's great to have such a supportive and knowledgeable community to turn to. Thank you, PF!In summary, the speaker expresses their gratitude to Physics Forums and its members for providing support and motivation in their physics studies. They credit the community for helping them push through challenging courses and remain passionate about the subject. The speaker also praises the community for their positivity and uplifting attitudes in the face of difficulties. Overall, the speaker is thankful for the role Physics Forums has played in their academic journey.
nurdie
I would like to give a huge Thank You to all that participate in Physics Forums.

That is a meaningful Thank you.

I am currently a physics undergrad at an extremely competitive university (~top 20 worldwide), and I am grinding. Grinding: I am gasping for air. I'm pretty sure I have to retake the last half of an accelerated calculus regiment (last half of calc2 and calc3 in one class), and I may even have to retake intro mechanics (which I may do anyways, for pure sake of forcing myself to gain a better understanding).

It's quite depressing at times, but I continue to GRIND through one of my many passions: Physics.
Physics Forums has played a hefty role in that decision to continue, against my odds. From anything between employability and income perspective to motivation and homework help.

Every time I'm feeling down, all I have to do is roll on into Physics Forums. Every single "omg I can't do this" thread that I stumble into is typically just filled with nothing but superb and uplifting advice, compliments, and attitude.

So again: Thank you Physics Forums. I thank all of you for being the awesome people that you will surely continue to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Geofleur, Endan Rarity and Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Glad you like PF a lot!

It looks like you have spent a lot of time here, but you have 0 posts?

Likes gracy
Thanks for the love nurdie! Means a lot! Spread the word!

Yellowflash said:
Glad you like PF a lot!

It looks like you have spent a lot of time here, but you have 0 posts?

Yes and no. lol.
Truthfully, I have severe ADHD, so my consciousness is pretty sporadic... most of the time I don't even realize to post a reply to anything or start any new threads.. :shy:

nurdie said:
I would like to give a huge Thank You to all that participate in Physics Forums.

That is a meaningful Thank you.

I am currently a physics undergrad at an extremely competitive university (~top 20 worldwide), and I am grinding. Grinding: I am gasping for air. I'm pretty sure I have to retake the last half of an accelerated calculus regiment (last half of calc2 and calc3 in one class), and I may even have to retake intro mechanics (which I may do anyways, for pure sake of forcing myself to gain a better understanding).

It's quite depressing at times, but I continue to GRIND through one of my many passions: Physics.
Physics Forums has played a hefty role in that decision to continue, against my odds. From anything between employability and income perspective to motivation and homework help.

Every time I'm feeling down, all I have to do is roll on into Physics Forums. Every single "omg I can't do this" thread that I stumble into is typically just filled with nothing but superb and uplifting advice, compliments, and attitude.

So again: Thank you Physics Forums. I thank all of you for being the awesome people that you will surely continue to be.
Its cool that this is actually a community of physicists and physics fans that share to the world their love of science. Thanks for sharing your physics passion

Likes Drakkith and Greg Bernhardt
nurdie said:

I second that one!

Likes Leo Authersh, Drakkith and Greg Bernhardt

1. What is "Thank you Physics Forums"?

"Thank you Physics Forums" is a common phrase used by members of the Physics Forums community to express gratitude for the help and support they have received on the forum.

2. Why do people say "Thank you Physics Forums"?

People say "Thank you Physics Forums" because the community provides a platform for individuals to ask and answer questions related to physics and other scientific topics. The members of the community are knowledgeable and willing to share their expertise, making it a valuable resource for students and researchers.

3. Can anyone say "Thank you Physics Forums"?

Yes, anyone who has received help or support from the Physics Forums community can say "Thank you Physics Forums". It is a way to show appreciation for the assistance received.

4. Is it necessary to say "Thank you Physics Forums"?

No, it is not necessary to say "Thank you Physics Forums", but it is a nice gesture to show gratitude for the help received. It also helps to create a positive and supportive community atmosphere.

5. How can I contribute to "Thank you Physics Forums"?

You can contribute to "Thank you Physics Forums" by actively participating in the community and providing helpful answers to questions. You can also show your appreciation by thanking others for their contributions and support on the forum.