Easier access to subscribed threads poll

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, there is a discussion about changing the function of "My PF" so that it takes users to a page where all subscribed threads are listed and bolded if there are new posts. Some users prefer the current setup, where "My PF" only shows new posts in subscribed threads. Others argue that it would become too cluttered if all subscribed threads were included. It is also noted that viewing all subscribed threads is just one click away from the "My PF" page.

MY PF >> New subscribed threads or all subscribed threads

• Keep as it

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Change to all subscribed threads

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
Currently "My PF" takes you to new posts in your subscribed threads. Would you like it changed so that it took you to the page where all subscribed threads were listed and the threads with new posts are bolded?

Physics news on Phys.org
It's just one additional click now to "View All Subscribed Threads", and I like the default as it is now (less clutter). My 2 cents...

I don't subscribe to threads but like it the way it is also.

You might want to check to see how many threads the average member is subscribed to before changing it.

Personally I hardly ever bother to unsubscribe from threads. When people stop posting to them, they just drop off the radar.

Currently "My PF" also shows who has sent (unread) PMs and also links to the latest post in each of my subscribed forums. If it included all subscribed threads, it would become really cluttered.

As berkeman said, seeing all subscribed threads is just one click away from the "My PF" page.

Not a bad idea but I voted to keep it as is. I agree w/ berkeman ... keep the clutter down

What is "Easier access to subscribed threads poll"?

"Easier access to subscribed threads poll" is a feature that allows users to quickly and easily view all the threads they have subscribed to on a website or forum.

How does this feature benefit users?

This feature benefits users by saving them time and effort in having to manually search for each subscribed thread. It also allows them to stay updated on discussions and topics that they are interested in.

How does this feature work?

This feature works by creating a list of all the threads that a user has subscribed to and providing a direct link to each thread. This list can be accessed through the user's account settings or through a designated page on the website or forum.

Is this feature customizable?

Yes, this feature can be customizable to fit the specific needs and preferences of the user. Users can choose to sort their subscribed threads by date, topic, or other criteria, and they can also choose to receive notifications for new activity on their subscribed threads.

Is this feature available on all websites and forums?

While this feature is becoming increasingly common, it may not be available on all websites and forums. It is up to the website or forum administrators to implement this feature for their users.