Insert Image Test: Best Practices & Tips

• Thread starter athosanian
  • Start date
In summary, the forum software is not recognizing images with a file extension that indicates an image, like .jpg or .png or .gif. You should paste a link with a file extension at the end.
athosanian
dBOsuaUCFAAA&bo=jwOAAgAAAAADACs!&rf=0-21.png

Physics news on Phys.org
dear all, why can not inert images ?

I think it is because the link does not have a file extension on the end that indicates an image: .jpg or .png or .gif or similar. The link does display an image when I paste it into the address bar of my browser, so this problem is caused by the forum software.

thanks. So how should I do if I want to post images ?

That's a weird link. You should paste a link with a file extension at the end. Like: www.example.com/file.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this: First, attach your image to your post (I've attached this one as a file below). It should appear in a block titled "Attached Thumbnails".

Next, "Preview" your post. You may need to add a few words to see the preview. You should see the Attached Thumbnails at the bottom of your post.

Once you have the Preview open, open the attached file in a separate window. Then, copy the web address of this separate window with your picture and insert it into your post using the "Insert Image" button. Click on the Insert Image button and paste the web address into the window that pops up. This post is an example of that.

attachment.php?attachmentid=69966&d=1400757846.png

Attachments

• psb.png
    psb.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 466
Likes 1 person
You don't have to go to preview, once you upload the file it is on the list in the upload window, and you can get the link from there (using right click and copy link address command, or whatever equivalent it has in your browser).

Still the same idea, just less operations.

Likes 1 person
A consideration must also be made on the SIZE of the image. Too big, and it will mess up the PF page formatting, as illustrated already.

A safe size is a width of around 800 pixels.

Zz.

Likes 1 person
very clever idea ! Thank you, all friends !

1. What is the best file format for images?

The best file format for images depends on the intended use of the image. For web use, JPEG or PNG is recommended for their small file size and high compatibility. For print use, TIFF or PSD is preferred for their high resolution and ability to preserve layers and transparency.

2. What is the ideal image size for web use?

The ideal image size for web use is typically between 1000-2000 pixels on the longest side, with a resolution of 72-96 pixels per inch. This ensures a balance between image quality and loading speed on different devices.

3. How can I optimize an image for web use?

To optimize an image for web use, you can use image editing software to resize the image, compress it, and save it in an appropriate file format. You can also use online tools or plugins specifically designed for image optimization.

4. How can I ensure my images are accessible for all users?

To ensure accessibility, it is important to use descriptive alt text for images, provide a text-only version of visual content, and use high contrast colors. You can also use tools to test your website's accessibility and make necessary adjustments.

5. Are there any copyright concerns when using images?

Yes, there may be copyright concerns when using images. It is important to obtain permission from the owner or use images that are labeled for free use. You can also use stock photo websites that offer licenses for commercial use.