Why are some administrative ladies rude and unhelpful to students?

• Thread starter laminatedevildoll
  • Start date
In summary, the old lady was very rude and didn't believe that the person asking for the form was a physics major. She also was wearing a badge that said "Member of the Pf sisterhood."
laminatedevildoll
Don't you just hate those old ladies, who are supposed to be helpful, just be plain old mean when you drop by to ask a simple question such as 'Can I obtain an enrollment adjustment form?'
Today, I dropped by my department to obtain a form because I wanted to add another unit. Instead, the lady was like 'When did you become a Physics major?' She didn't believe I was a Physics major first of all, and she was very very rude. In a sarcastic way, she was like "...and you are a Physics major?" I really hate her.

Physics news on Phys.org
In particular, they are very rude if they are interrupted in their nice chat they are having over a cup of coffee. Which they have throughout their entire day at office..:grumpy:

was she perhaps wearing a badge that said: Member of the Pf sisterhood?

yomamma said:

Uh Oh!

"old ladies"
"plain old mean"
"very very rude"

This is what yomamma basically said the PF sisterhood is

MB, a perfect chance to test out that ban button :smile:

*holds out GOOBF card*

damn! down to 507!

arildno said:
In particular, they are very rude if they are interrupted in their nice chat they are having over a cup of coffee. Which they have throughout their entire day at office..:grumpy:

yomamma said:

Pf as in physics forums? I didn't bother to look. All I know that she was short in height & overweight with short hair. She was behind her desk on her computer when I entered. Apparently, I have never met her before until today, but I fear that she might be my advisor. I was pretty offended when she asked me who approved me to be a physics major. What the hell was that all about? I just wanted an add/drop form! Normally, I don't let stupid things like this bother me but today, it did.

Last edited:
I think men are better in these jobs anyway. They're more helpful and try to help you most of time, but some of women esp. the old ones, always try to show you how important their jobs are and what you want them to do is against the rules... :grumpy: Of course I've met lots of good and helpful ladies too but women are usually more strict than men.

1. What is a "Crazy Administration Lady"?

A "Crazy Administration Lady" is a term used to describe a female administrator who exhibits erratic, unpredictable, or irrational behavior in her role. This behavior can range from micromanaging and controlling to emotional outbursts and illogical decision-making.

2. Why are "Crazy Administration Ladies" a common topic of discussion?

"Crazy Administration Ladies" often garner attention due to their disruptive behavior and its impact on the workplace. Their actions can create a toxic work environment and affect the productivity and morale of their team.

3. Is the term "Crazy Administration Lady" sexist?

The term "Crazy Administration Lady" can be considered sexist as it perpetuates the stereotype that women in positions of power are unstable and incapable of effectively managing a team. It is important to use respectful and professional language when discussing individuals in the workplace.

4. What causes someone to become a "Crazy Administration Lady"?

There is no one specific cause for someone to exhibit "crazy" behavior in a professional setting. It can be a result of personal issues, stress, lack of proper training, or a toxic work environment. It is important for organizations to address and support individuals who exhibit concerning behavior and provide resources for them to improve.

5. How can organizations address "Crazy Administration Ladies" in the workplace?

Organizations can address "Crazy Administration Ladies" by providing proper training and support for administrators, promoting a positive and respectful work culture, and having clear policies in place for addressing disruptive behavior. It is also important for colleagues to communicate any concerns to HR or higher management in a professional and respectful manner.