For a Limited Time Only": Why Do Places Offer Incredible Products?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, Boston Market stopped selling the chocolate cake that was so delicious. It's come back and left sooooooooooo many times :(stupid people). They say it's just a minor supply issue, but we're all hoping it's not permanent.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Why the heck do places offer various things that are absolutely incredible "for a limited time only". This place called boston market had this little chocolate cake that was delicious! And now they stopped selling it :(

I then started thinkinga bout it and I just don't buy the idea that they do it for a short time to create a high demand for a brief profit. When these things are as delicious as they are most of the time, I don't see how demand would drop off over time! I never buy anything with "It's only here for a limited time!" compelling me to buy it more often. I get it because its there...

stupid people

What kinda world would we live in if me, the great Pengwuino, were only here for a limited time?

Stop smiling...

you too, i see you smiling... jerks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmm...usually those things are to introduce a new product to see how it sells. If it does well, it stays on their permanent menu. I guess people who eat at Boston Market don't have good tastebuds for chocolate. :rolleyes:

I'm sure there's a place on their website for comments...you can tell them how great it was...sometimes things come "back by popular demand" if they hear from enough people who liked it and want it made a permanent menu item.

What about... bum bum bum... the McRib!

It's come back and left nad come back and left sooooooooooo many times :(

Pengwuino said:
stupid people
You know, 90% of the threads you start are on the subject of stupid people.

Pengwuino said:
Why the heck do places offer various things that are absolutely incredible "for a limited time only".
Penguino, advertising. Advertising, Penguino. You two should spends some time together and get acquainted...

zoobyshoe said:
And we responded. Hmm...

zoobyshoe said:
Poor Pengwuino must have a self-esteem problem to think anyone who knows less than him must be stupid. I mean, what else could anyone conclude? :uhh: :rolleyes: :tongue: It couldn't be that he thinks anyone with a difference of opinion is stupid, could it? Then again, how could anyone decide to stop selling something chocolate?! It's beyond comprehension! The Sisterhood will have to look into this atrocity.

Oh, hold on, let me take this call...
Hello? ... What's that? ... Oh, I see. ... Yes. Okay, I'll let them know.

That was the Sisterhood Intelligence Network...they said not to worry, it's just a minor supply issue; apparently they couldn't keep up with the production needed to meet our orders for stockpiling our subterranean shelter. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
That was the Sisterhood Intelligence Network...they said not to worry, it's just a minor supply issue; apparently they couldn't keep up with the production needed to meet our orders for stockpiling our subterranean shelter. :biggrin:

:!) :!) :!) oh thank god!

But really, how smart can someone be if they refuse to give chocolate :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Anyone who disagrees with me is stupid, stupid people don't sell chocolate, moonbear agrees iwth no selling chocolate, thus moonbear agrees I am stupid. You jerk! :devil: :devil:

Moonbear said:
That was the Sisterhood Intelligence Network...

:devil: :devil:

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~kevinn/misc/funny/nuns.jpg

:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pengwuino said:
Anyone who disagrees with me is stupid...
That'll go nicely on your tombstone.

I wonder how the tombstone cutter is coming along, by the way. Anyone heard any news about Pengwuino's tombstone?

zoobyshoe said:
That'll go nicely on your tombstone.
I wonder how the tombstone cutter is coming along, by the way. Anyone heard any news about Pengwuino's tombstone?

From what I hear, I'm being ripped off :devil: :devil: :devil:

Moonbear said:
Poor Pengwuino must have a self-esteem problem to think anyone who knows less than him must be stupid. I mean, what else could anyone conclude? :uhh: :rolleyes: :tongue:
I feel his pain - I mean, my eyes are good, but even I have trouble seeing people's points when they are that far below me. :biggrin:

Like the limited edition dark chocolate twix

ITS AMAZING!

Normal twix are way too sweet, this one tastes like twix should taste! It doesn't taste bitter at all, just less sweet... I LOVE IT!

1. What does "For a Limited Time Only" mean?

"For a Limited Time Only" refers to a promotional offer or sale that is only available for a certain period of time. This could be days, weeks, or months, and once the time is up, the offer will no longer be available.

2. Why do companies offer products for a limited time only?

Companies often use limited-time offers to create a sense of urgency and encourage customers to make a purchase. This can help boost sales and clear out excess inventory. It can also attract new customers who may be tempted by the special offer.

3. How long do limited-time offers typically last?

The length of a limited-time offer can vary greatly depending on the company and the product being offered. Some may only last for a day or two, while others may last for several weeks or even months. It is important to pay attention to the specific time frame when taking advantage of a limited-time offer.

4. Can I still get the product after the limited-time offer has ended?

It is possible that the product may still be available after the limited-time offer has ended, but it may not be at the same discounted price. It is always best to take advantage of the offer during the specified time frame to ensure you get the best deal.

5. Are limited-time offers a good deal?

Limited-time offers can be a good deal if it is a product you were already planning to purchase and the discount is significant. However, it is important to remember that companies use these offers to entice customers to buy, so make sure to do your research and compare prices before making a purchase.