Sock Sorting: A Blind Man's Challenge

In summary, the blind man and new prob bump into each other and all the new socks fall to the ground. blind man tries to help get the socks back and they end up in pairs.
dibilo
blind man+ new prob :)

2 blind man each holding 3 pairs of newly bought socks of different colours (red, green ,blue). They bumped into each other and the socks fell to the ground. Find a way to help they get their socks back. as in a pair of each colour. :rofl:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Be a helpful (seeing) person..

Surely, they can identify their socks by smell. :wink:

have them wip out their pocket pc with speaking color scanner and scan the socks
but why would two random blind people want to make pairs of socks...

are all the socks made from the same stuff and of the same size, i mean is there any other way to distinguish them besides on the basis of their color?

vikasj007 said:
are all the socks made from the same stuff and of the same size, i mean is there any other way to distinguish them besides on the basis of their color?

Sure:
The 1.man has silk socks, while the other has only wool socks.

arildno said:
Sure:

in that case, i don't think there would be much trouble for the two blind men.

arildno said:
Sure:

in that case, i don't think there would be much trouble for the two blind men. so you can stop thinking about this problem. :rofl:

Shouldn't the two men have had their socks balled together so that they don't get separated? Just a thought.

Gokul43201 said:
Surely, they can identify their socks by smell. :wink:
Wait, gokul. this only gets the socks back to the original owner. it does not pair them by color

Last edited:
I thought the question was to find a way to help them get their socks back...

Would this be a clue?
I saw a van one day with a notice on the rear saying ' No Hand Signals-Blind Man Driving this Vehicle'

The van belonged to a firm which fitted blinds to shop windows.

Saw it with my own eyes.

since socks come in pair, pick up a pair, open the packaging and divide among them.
in the end they should both have a pair of each colour

Surely, the 'newly bought' part wasn't in before... :devil:

yes i think the "newly bought" appeared today
with devious riddlers we will learn to print out the riddle

lol sorry my mistake ;p

it's cool ! :smile:

to amend for my mistake in the previous mistake i'll throw in another teaser for you :)

3 lamps are in a room on the second floor. the switches to the individual lamps are on the on the 1st. from the 1st floor you cannot see the 2nd floor.
how are you going to tell which switch controls which lamp? you can only go to the 2nd floor once!

lamps do gets hot don't they?

dibilo,

post new puzzles in new thread...don't add on to existing threads. This makes it easier to retrieve a puzzle from the thread title.

Tenali, the lamps are water cooled, and by the time you run upstairs to touch them, they're cold !

Sorry dibilo, looks like your teaser's been solved.

lol tenali spoilt the fun.. i'll think of more ... be prepared :)

Think of the father, son and holy spirit. Or maybe if life is still primarily relative, pour a little light on the subject for these two can probably see better than you.

Did not read any, just noticed one of the posts.

Last edited:
Funny joke. But it has no solution.

1. What is "Sock Sorting: A Blind Man's Challenge"?

"Sock Sorting: A Blind Man's Challenge" is a study conducted to explore the challenges faced by blind individuals when sorting socks. It involves analyzing the methods and strategies used by blind people to sort socks and understanding the difficulties they encounter in this task.

2. What is the purpose of this study?

The purpose of this study is to gain a better understanding of the challenges faced by blind individuals in everyday tasks, and to identify potential solutions to make their lives easier. By studying sock sorting, we hope to develop strategies and technologies that can be applied to other tasks as well.

3. How was the study conducted?

The study was conducted by observing and interviewing blind individuals as they sorted socks. Researchers also gathered data on the methods and strategies used, as well as the difficulties encountered. This data was then analyzed to draw conclusions and make recommendations.

4. What were the main findings of the study?

The study found that blind individuals use a variety of methods and strategies to sort socks, including using tactile cues, color contrast, and memory. It also highlighted the challenges they face, such as identifying patterns and matching socks with similar textures. The study also identified potential solutions, such as developing tactile tags or using technology to assist with sorting.

5. How can this study benefit blind individuals?

This study can benefit blind individuals by raising awareness about the challenges they face in everyday tasks, and by providing recommendations for solutions that can make their lives easier. It can also serve as a starting point for further research and development of assistive technologies for the visually impaired community.