Tablet or eBook for Reading Electronic Textbooks?

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
In summary, the person is looking for a program or device that can read electronic textbooks and allow for note-taking and drawing with different colored pens. They also want the ability to use it for Microsoft Word and wireless internet access. They are specifically looking for a solution that will allow them to edit PDF files with a stylus and save the changes. It is suggested that they post their question on XDA forums for more specific information.
yungman
I am looking for one that can read electronic textbooks. The important thing for me is the capability of writing notes and draw diagrams with different colors pen and store it onto the ebook.

It would be nice to be able to use it for MS words and wireless internet capability so I don't have to carry my notebook on travel. I guess a 10 in screen is big enough. Any suggestion and advice?

I have a few important textbooks in pdf files, it there anything that I can read, write notes, hand draw diagrams onto the pages and store it onto the file?

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Anyone please?

You're looking for a program that will essentially edit pdf files with a stylus and save the changes you make. There are programs that will read PDF files and there are programs that will accept stylus input but i am not sure if there is one that will do both at the same time. At least, all the ones that i have seen do not do what you are looking for.

If there is such a solution available, it would most likely be on a tablet, eReaders are just for viewing ebooks and generally don't allow for any editing. Your better bet would be to post this question on XDA forums, people there will likely have more specific information.

1. What is the difference between a tablet and an eBook for reading electronic textbooks?

A tablet is a multi-purpose device that has a touchscreen display and can be used for various tasks, such as browsing the internet, playing games, and reading eBooks. An eBook, on the other hand, is a dedicated electronic device specifically designed for reading digital books and does not have any other functions.

2. Which one is better for reading electronic textbooks, a tablet or an eBook?

The answer to this question depends on personal preference. Some people prefer the multi-functionality of a tablet, while others prefer the simplicity and distraction-free experience of an eBook. It is recommended to try both options and see which one works best for you.

3. Can I use a tablet or an eBook to access my electronic textbooks?

Yes, both devices can be used to access electronic textbooks. However, it is important to make sure that the device you choose is compatible with the platform or app used by your school or institution to access the textbooks.

4. Are there any benefits to using a tablet or an eBook for reading electronic textbooks?

Yes, there are several benefits. These devices are portable, so you can carry all your textbooks in one device, saving you the hassle of carrying multiple heavy books. They also allow you to highlight, take notes, and search for keywords, making it easier to study and review material. Additionally, many eBooks offer features such as text-to-speech, which can be helpful for students with learning disabilities.

5. Can I still use a tablet or an eBook for reading electronic textbooks if I don't have an internet connection?

Yes, you can still access your electronic textbooks on a tablet or an eBook even without an internet connection. However, you will need an internet connection to download the textbooks initially. Once downloaded, you can read them offline. Some eBooks also offer the option to download the book chapter by chapter, so you can download only the chapters you need for a particular day or class.