Cross Plane 180 headers for GM LS V8

In summary, the conversation discusses the pairing of cylinders in a set of 180 headers for an LS V8 engine. The suggested pairings for a 4-1 and 4-2-1 header are shown, but it is noted that pairing the cylinder ports in a different way could result in four separate outlets at the rear. The main concern is finding the optimal placement for the header collectors to avoid pinched turns and maintain proper length.
ninjasta
I was looking into what cylinders need pairing to make a set 0f 180 headers for an LS V8 engine.
When looking the pairings shown below.
LS firing order 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3
Passenger (L) side = 1 3 5 7. Driver side (R) 2 4 6 8
1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3
L-R-L-R-R-L-R-L
for a 4-1 header I get.
1-7-6-4
8-2-5-3
AND for 4-2-1 180 - Was thinking the 1st pair would be short headers.
1-7
y-pipe > Left Out
6-4

8-2
y-pipe > Right Out
5-3

However I noticed that if I just paired the cylinder ports (inner,outer) as follows I can 4 * 180 pairs as follows
180 pairs into 4 pipes (Twin * 4)
1-7 > out A/L
5-3 > out A/R
6-4 > out B/R
8-2 > out B/L
My question would the above arrangement still take advantage of resonance scavenging whilst avoiding the need for headers which link pair from opposite sides at expense of running 4 separate outlets at the rear (I quite like the idea of 4 outlets).
What effect would it have on the exhaust note - would sound like 180 headers or some thing different from either a crossplane or flat-plane v8?

Engineering news on Phys.org
The biggest issue is where the header collectors will fit and still leave you with optimum length and non-pinched turns.

What are Cross Plane 180 Headers for GM LS V8?

Cross Plane 180 headers are a type of exhaust header specifically designed for GM LS V8 engines. These headers are designed to improve the airflow and performance of the engine by allowing the exhaust gases to exit the engine more efficiently.

How do Cross Plane 180 Headers improve engine performance?

By allowing the exhaust gases to exit the engine more efficiently, Cross Plane 180 headers can improve engine performance in several ways. They can increase horsepower and torque, improve throttle response, and enhance overall engine sound.

Are Cross Plane 180 Headers compatible with all GM LS V8 engines?

No, Cross Plane 180 headers are specifically designed for GM LS V8 engines and may not be compatible with other types of engines. It is important to make sure that the headers you choose are specifically designed for your engine to ensure proper fit and performance.

What materials are Cross Plane 180 Headers typically made of?

Cross Plane 180 headers are typically made of high-quality stainless steel or ceramic-coated steel. These materials are durable and can withstand high temperatures, making them ideal for use in high-performance engines.

Do Cross Plane 180 Headers require any special installation or maintenance?

Cross Plane 180 headers can usually be installed in place of the factory exhaust manifolds without any major modifications. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper installation. As for maintenance, regular cleaning and inspection may be necessary to ensure optimal performance and longevity.