Good lectures or books on SR and/or GR

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for resources on special and general relativity as a beginner in the subject. Several video playlists and courses, as well as introductory books, are suggested. The person also mentions their background in physics and a Master's degree in modeling and data processing. Other forum members also share their favorite resources and wish the person luck on their journey to relearn relativity.
Bassirou
Hi guys! I am looking for good lectures or books on special relativity and/or general relativity.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Physics news on Phys.org
I forgot to mention that I am a beginner and I don't know which ressources available through googling are the best for someone in my case. Thanks in advance.

What is your current math and physics knowledge?

@ micromass thanks for the feedback. Well i already hold a BSc in physics with all the math package. I didnt learn well the SR during my undergraduate studies so I ve forgot almost all about it.

Thank you a lot Daverz. I will surely consider the info you provided me. After my BSc in physics (3 years ago) I did a MSc in modeling and data processing so I have forgotten all my litlle knowledge in Relativity. Now I am just trying to recover that lost. So thank you for your kind information.

Thank you WannabeNewton. By sharing, you are in the way for sure.

1. What are some good introductory books on Special and General Relativity?

Some popular books that provide a good introduction to Special and General Relativity include "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking, "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, and "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Neil deGrasse Tyson.

2. Are there any online lectures or courses available for learning about SR and GR?

Yes, there are many online resources available for learning about Special and General Relativity. Some popular options include the Coursera course "Introduction to General Relativity" by University of Cape Town and the YouTube channel "The Science Asylum" which has a series of videos on Special and General Relativity.

3. What are some advanced books on SR and GR for those with a deeper understanding of physics?

Some advanced books on Special and General Relativity include "Gravitation" by Charles Misner, Kip Thorne, and John Wheeler, "Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity" by Sean Carroll, and "The Geometry of Spacetime: An Introduction to Special and General Relativity" by James J. Callahan.

4. Are there any lectures or books that explain the mathematics behind SR and GR?

Yes, there are many resources available that explain the mathematical concepts behind Special and General Relativity. Some options include "General Relativity from A to B" by Robert Geroch, "A First Course in General Relativity" by Bernard Schutz, and "Introduction to Tensor Calculus, Relativity and Cosmology" by Derek F. Lawden.

5. Can you recommend any books or lectures that discuss the modern applications and implications of SR and GR?

Yes, there are many books and lectures that discuss the modern applications and implications of Special and General Relativity. Some options include "The Einstein Theory of Relativity" by Hendrik Antoon Lorentz, "The Meaning of Relativity" by Albert Einstein, and "The Nature of Space and Time" by Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.