Strange Conversations: Diagnosing Car Issues

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strange
In summary: The clerk replied, "They're alive."In summary, a conversation between two individuals discussing car repairs and abdominal pain turns into a humorous exchange involving a hernia and fresh seafood.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Every once in awhile you have a conversation with someone that leaves you shaking your head, right? Here is one from today.

Me: I'd like to get my car serviced [make and model given, etc]
Her: What do you need done?
Me: My heater fan is failing intermittantly
Her: Does it work at all? I need to know what parts to order
Me: It acts like the motor is going out; like it has a bad winding on the rotor. If it doesn't start, it will after I get up to 60 mph or so and get air moving across the fan. But I guess it could be something in the speed control as well. [too much information!]
Her: Well I need to know for sure so I know what to order
Me: You mean you need to know what has failed?
Her: Yes
Me: Well I'm not sure. I was thinking maybe your mechanic could figure that out
Her: Oh, good point.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, good point.

lol

ER patient to ER receptionist: Hi, I have an inflamed second appendix I need to have removed.

Receptionist: Yes, right way, sir. And thank you for being so helpful - we just had a guy in here who called himself "Ivan Seeking" - he just kept complaining of abdominal pain, he wouldn't tell us what we were supposed to do!

lisab said:
ER patient to ER receptionist: Hi, I have an inflamed second appendix I need to have removed.

Receptionist: Yes, right way, sir. And thank you for being so helpful - we just had a guy in here who called himself "Ivan Seeking" - he just kept complaining of abdominal pain, he wouldn't tell us what we were supposed to do!

You know, there is more humor in that than you know. When I was about 20 years old I was having abdominal pain; and pain where a guy really doesn't want it when I tried to lift something. It seemed like a classic hernia. So I went to the ER. The next thing I know the ER doc is ordering a CAT scan. "CAT scan?? Really?", said I, "I assumed it was just a hernia." So the doc came over, grabbed the goods, [cough], "Yeah, it's a hernia." Okay, thanks doc.:rolleyes:

Ivan Seeking said:
grabbed the goods, [cough], "Yeah, it's a hernia." Okay, thanks doc.:rolleyes:

Grabbed the goods LOL

Ivan Seeking said:
You know, there is more humor in that than you know. When I was about 20 years old I was having abdominal pain; and pain where a guy really doesn't want it when I tried to lift something. It seemed like a classic hernia. So I went to the ER. The next thing I know the ER doc is ordering a CAT scan. "CAT scan?? Really?", said I, "I assumed it was just a hernia." So the doc came over, grabbed the goods, [cough], "Yeah, it's a hernia." Okay, thanks doc.:rolleyes:

You didn't tell me you had your GOODS GRABBED!

I didn't know you were in the hospital, but I'm glad to hear you're holding your own.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I didn't know you were in the hospital, but I'm glad to hear you're holding your own.

It appears that this time...the docs holdin' em!

Somehow this thread seems to have taken a disturbing turn... :eek:

Ivan Seeking said:
Somehow this thread seems to have taken a disturbing turn... :eek:
Since it's going that way, I'll say, you're lucky you were 20; for me it was 5. :bugeye:

dlgoff said:
Since it's going that way, I'll say, you're lucky you were 20; for me it was 5. :bugeye:

~ 20... For me it ended up being a real treat! I had nothing to do but to stay in bed, [take good drugs], watch every bit of rare and common NASA footage ever filmed for a couple of weeks, and then watch the very first launch of the Space Shuttle. It was a space nut's bonanza and a nerd's dream come true.

I was eating at a restaurant, and I overheard the lady in the next table ask the waiter:

are the mushrooms in dish X fresh?

The waiter replies, apparently without sarcasm :

Yes, ma'am, we just opened the can.

Bacle2 said:
I was eating at a restaurant, and I overheard the lady in the next table ask the waiter:

are the mushrooms in dish X fresh?

The waiter replies, apparently without sarcasm :

Yes, ma'am, we just opened the can.

Buahaha!

I had a similar experience. I was picking out live lobsters to take home with me when the woman next to me asked the clerk, "Are these fresh?".

1. What is the purpose of "Strange Conversations: Diagnosing Car Issues"?

The purpose of "Strange Conversations: Diagnosing Car Issues" is to provide a comprehensive guide for diagnosing and troubleshooting unusual car issues that may arise.

2. Who is the intended audience for this guide?

The intended audience for this guide is anyone who owns or operates a car and is interested in learning how to diagnose and solve strange car issues.

3. How is this guide organized?

This guide is organized into different categories of car issues, such as engine problems, electrical issues, and strange noises. Each category provides a list of symptoms, possible causes, and potential solutions for the specific issue.

4. Are there any specific tools or equipment needed to diagnose car issues?

While some basic tools such as a car jack and tire pressure gauge may be helpful, this guide primarily focuses on using your senses and observation skills to diagnose car issues. No specialized equipment is required.

5. Can this guide be used for all types of cars?

Yes, this guide can be used for all types of cars, as the principles and techniques for diagnosing issues are the same regardless of the make or model of the car. However, some specific issues may only apply to certain types of cars, so it is important to consult your car's manual for more information.