*BASIC Calculus and Trig self-teach BOOKS*

In summary, Aldo plans to become a "sort of ahead" student by studying calculus and trig, and by sharpening his skills. He also plans to attend a "top-recognised" university for a doctoral degree in physics.
thinkies
Hi,im looking forward to spend my spare time in studying calculus and trig so i can b sort of ahead...beside,I'll be finishing high school in about 2 yrs,being in my 9th as of now,and also i'll be starting trig next year...so yea i want to get ahead of some other ppl...also,since I am looking forward to enter likely in a 'top-recognised' university for a phD in physics(which i am planning...:) )i wan to sharpen my skill nd be a lil advance...:)

Aldo,please please post some astronomy books i can read,im looking forward to understand cosmology( basic) galxy,univer,system solar,relativity theory(VERY VERY basic stuff) etc etc etc

dun worry,i am enjoying my 'youthness' but sometime 'practically' nothing(nd its boring of course)...i thought i could just take advantage of this nd learn something...

THankssssss

Physics news on Phys.org
also,concerning my above post,when i mean basic,im not referring to something 'introductory' (although i won't mind reading such books,im sure despite the several 10-20 books i have read so far,i haven't really covered the basic :) )

Thx once again :)

I suggest a book on English grammar and spelling.

There are about 10,000 textbooks on calculus, each equally good (or bad). There are some standouts (like Apostol, Spivak) but those certainly aren't BASIC. I recommend whichever calc book is at the library.

thx zhentil.

Vid said:
I suggest a book on English grammar and spelling.

I suggest you to buy some glasses to refine your eyes...apparently you haven't clearly read my post.As for my English typo,i really dun care about the errors...

That kinda sounded like a sarcasm :P

thinkies said:
I suggest you to buy some glasses to refine your eyes...apparently you haven't clearly read my post.As for my English typo,i really dun care about the errors...

That kinda sounded like a sarcasm :P

In all honesty, you really should care, especially if plan on eventually going to graduate school.

d_leet said:
In all honesty, you really should care, especially if plan on eventually going to graduate school.

Obviously I would,but i don't see any importance in this forum since every1 can at least understand...=.=

thinkies said:
Obviously I would,but i don't see any importance in this forum since every1 can at least understand...=.=
Bad habits are hard to break.

haha,no offense or anything,but this seems like a propaganda against me :(...jk,i dun consider this as a bad habit since in my English class,i have some remarkable marks for both witting and reading...and i pay great attention to my errrors ...once again,this is a forum,i likely will spend time correcting...beside,its comprehensible(ppl can understand despite my grammar/spelling errors)...so yea..

and since i got the answer to my question,i prefer no comments here...o.0 explore some other threads in the forum rather then criticizing...(once again,no offense...)..

1. What is the difference between calculus and trigonometry?

Calculus is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of continuous change and motion, while trigonometry is a branch that deals with the study of triangles and their properties. They are both important tools in many scientific and mathematical fields, but they have different applications and techniques.

2. Do I need to have a strong background in math to learn calculus and trigonometry?

Yes, a strong foundation in algebra and geometry is necessary to understand the concepts in calculus and trigonometry. It is also important to have a good understanding of basic mathematical principles such as functions, graphs, and equations.

3. Are there any real-life applications of calculus and trigonometry?

Yes, calculus and trigonometry have many real-life applications in fields such as engineering, physics, economics, and even biology. For example, calculus is used to study the motion of objects, while trigonometry is used to calculate distances and angles in navigation and surveying.

4. What is the best way to self-teach calculus and trigonometry?

The best way to self-teach calculus and trigonometry is to start with a comprehensive textbook or online course that covers all the necessary topics. It is also important to practice regularly and seek help from resources such as tutors or online forums when needed.

5. Can I use a BASIC programming language to learn calculus and trigonometry?

While a BASIC programming language can be useful in solving mathematical problems, it is not necessary for learning calculus and trigonometry. These subjects are best learned using traditional mathematical methods such as equations, graphs, and formulas.