Rotational dynamics confusion. help please

In summary, the first conversation discusses the change in angular velocity of a merry-go-round when a person moves towards the center. The second conversation involves calculating the tension in cables used to lower a gang plank. The third conversation asks for the electrical energy generated by a spinning super flywheel. The final conversation involves calculating the work, force, and time required to roll a beryllium sphere and the energy of the wheel.
tcin06
1. Judy rides a 2m radius merry-go-round near its edge. Judy has a mass of 100 kg and the merry go round has a mass of 200 kg and rotates at 1 rad/s. What will the new angular velocity of the merry go round be if judy moves 45 percent of the way towards the center?

2.How much tension exists in each of two cables used to lower a 10 m long, 500 kg gang plank to horizontal if the cables originate 2 meters above the planks hinges on the ship?

3.How much electrical energy could be generated by a 672 kg super flywheel spinning at 150,000 rpm if it has a radius of 3 m and is in the shape of a disk?

4.You want to roll a 2 m beryllium sphere 10 meters while speeding it up from rest to a velocity of 103 m/s. The density is 1848 kg/m^3

A)How much work (NM or joules) would this take?
B)What force would be required?
C)How much of the force was required to do the transitional work?
D)Rotational?
E)How long (time)

I've used moment of intertia but I'm missing the in between steps, these have given me some trouble over the last few days

Physics news on Phys.org
bump. sorry if that's not allowed

first show some attempts.

i've been working on these today and I am getting closer, i worked out the first one

for the second one what are they referring to when they say find the tension is that just the force required or what?

for the third when they say electrical energy do they mean gravitational potential energy? or what. because throughout this chapter and book we haven't learned an electrical energy equation that relates to rotational motion

and I am still completely lost on the fourth

for the energy of the wheel I've calucated w and I, w=15700 rad/s and I=3024, but i don't get what to do next, no other information is given so I am wondering if its just an equation i need or what

for the energy of the wheel question i used KErot. 1/2*3024*(15700)^2 and got 3.726E11 Joules, does that seem right?

1. What is rotational dynamics and how does it differ from linear dynamics?

Rotational dynamics is the study of the motion of objects that are rotating or spinning. It differs from linear dynamics in that it takes into account the effects of torque, moment of inertia, and angular velocity, rather than just force and mass.

2. What are the key principles of rotational dynamics?

The key principles of rotational dynamics include Newton's second law for rotational motion, the conservation of angular momentum, and the parallel axis theorem.

3. What is the relationship between torque and angular acceleration?

Torque is the rotational equivalent of force, and it causes a change in angular velocity, which is equivalent to linear acceleration. Therefore, there is a direct relationship between torque and angular acceleration.

4. How do you calculate the moment of inertia of an object?

The moment of inertia of an object is calculated by multiplying the mass of the object by the square of its distance from the axis of rotation. The moment of inertia is a measure of an object's resistance to changes in its rotational motion.

5. What are some real-life applications of rotational dynamics?

Rotational dynamics has many real-life applications, such as understanding the motion of planets and other celestial bodies, designing and analyzing machinery and vehicles, and studying the movement of living organisms, such as birds and fish.