Flash animations are terminating before their end time

In summary, the animation in the last slide of the presentation is not following the timelines correctly.
sid_galt
I am making a slide presentation in flash. I have created some animation in a few slides. I have put a behavior on the last frame of the timeline telling it to change to the next slide. The problem is that after a few slides the following message is coming

Code:
The name "frame" has already been chosen. Please choose another name.

Also my presentation isn't following the timelines correctly as quite a few animations are terminating before their end time and making the presentation move on to the next slide prematurely.

Please help me
Thank you

Computer science news on Phys.org
It would be a lot easier for me if i could look at your flash source file. I work with flash alot, and there are plenty of reasons i can think of why your flash movie would be behaving as you describe.

Well, the file is 2.5 MB right now so I don't know how to send it over. Plus I am a novice at flash.

But this is basically what I did. I made a few slides and copied a few images into them as in powerpoint. I made different layers animating several of them. Then I applied the transitions behaviors to each slide. After that I double clicked on the end keyframe of one layer in each slide and set the behavior to change to the next slide.
The object of the respective layer was selected when I set the behavior so its possible that as soon as the object appears on the screen, the behavior is activated.
I wanted a way so that when the slide reaches the last frame of the timeline it automatically moves on to the next slide.

I was just playing around with it and noticed that if I set the behavior of the last frame in the first slide to change to the next slide, the point at which the one slide changes to the next, in all slides goes to the frame I set in the first slide. For example, if my motion timline is ending at frame 24 in first slide and I set the behavior of the keyframe to change to the next slide, each and every slide will change to its respective next slide at the 24th frame.

1. Why do my Flash animations keep terminating before their end time?

The most common reason for this is that your code is not optimized, causing the animation to use up its allocated resources before it reaches its end time.

2. How can I fix Flash animations that keep ending prematurely?

To fix this issue, you will need to optimize your code and make sure it is running efficiently. This can include reducing the number of elements in your animation, using vector graphics instead of bitmaps, and avoiding excessive use of filters and effects.

3. Is there a limit to the length of a Flash animation?

While there is no specific limit to the length of a Flash animation, longer animations may require more resources and can be prone to terminating before their end time if not optimized properly. It is recommended to keep animations to a reasonable length to ensure smooth playback.

4. Can outdated Flash players cause animations to end prematurely?

Yes, outdated Flash players can cause animations to terminate before their end time. Make sure you are using the latest version of Flash player and that your animation is compatible with it.

5. How can I prevent my Flash animations from ending before their end time?

Besides optimizing your code and using the latest Flash player, you can also try using a preloader to ensure that your animation has enough resources to run until its end time. You can also consider breaking up longer animations into smaller segments to reduce the strain on resources.