Russian Zoobie Brush Shelter

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Russian
In summary, the two hunters helped the expedition to search the place. Vadim Chernobrov tells that the group set up a tent camp in a big meadow. "I had many baits that were to help us catch a yeti. On the first night the group was really very tired and did not arrange the baits. The baits remained in my tent. The group put out the fire and appointed a man on duty for the night. When we woke up early in the morning we saw a torn side of my tent as if someone attempted to get inside of the tent. My rucksack stood half a meter away from the torn side of the tent. But the man on duty was on the top of a
zoobyshoe
The two hunters helped the expedition to search the place. Vadim Chernobrov tells that the group set up a tent camp in a big meadow. "I had many baits that were to help us catch a yeti. On the first night the group was really very tired and did not arrange the baits. The baits remained in my tent. The group put out the fire and appointed a man on duty for the night. When we woke up early in the morning we saw a torn side of my tent as if someone attempted to get inside of the tent. My rucksack stood half a meter away from the torn side of the tent. But the man on duty was on the top of a tall pine tree clutching at branches. The guy had a hatchet, and all branches were cut under his feet. It took us much effort to take him down from the tree. He was white from terror, his hands and legs were trembling and he could hardly speak. In two hours he started crying and said he wanted to go back home. His home was far from the tent camp, however the man was so terror-stricken that he would not stay there."

On the next nights, the group chose more experienced people to be on duty. But they did not see anything scary at all. Baits laid around the tent camp brought no success. However, when members of the expedition went deep into the forest in broad daylight they discovered strange things there: trees broken so neatly as if someone chopped firewood there and incisions on trees made either with teeth or with claws.

It was only once that the expedition was actually rewarded for the persistence: the group discovered a den made of stems of trees in the middle of a forest clearing. The den of five square meters did not resemble people or animal's habitation. Vadim Chernobrov together with some members of the group walked around the den and then decided to get inside.

The floor of the den was laid out with logs and rotten leaves, the walls were strong and did not let the cold wind pass through. There was nobody inside of the den. There was some construction covered with sticks in the middle of the "room". Under the sticks, there was a hole of about one meter in diameter leading deep under the ground. The hole was highly likely very deep as a stone thrown down emitted no sound at all. The expedition decided it was an underground passage. However, the group had no special equipment to come down the passage. They just charted the site to get back to it later.

http://english.pravda.ru/printed.html?news_id=11754

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Now now, no Pravda...

The funny thing is that I remember a certain Zooby giving me a bad time when I cited Pravda as an unreliable source - after all, no one uses Pravda!

Is anyone else carrying the story?

It's just amusing that they claim to have found something like a brush shelter. I'm not expecting anyone to believe the story.

zoobyshoe said:
It's just amusing that they claim to have found something like a brush shelter...

Have you been spending time in Russia?

What is a Russian Zoobie Brush Shelter?

A Russian Zoobie Brush Shelter is a type of temporary shelter that is made using natural materials found in the surrounding environment. It is commonly used by Russian hunters and nomadic tribes as a shelter while they are out in the wilderness.

How is a Russian Zoobie Brush Shelter constructed?

A Russian Zoobie Brush Shelter is constructed by first finding a suitable location with a strong tree or branch nearby. Then, branches are cut and tied together to form a dome-like structure. The structure is then covered with brush and leaves, providing protection from the elements.

What are the benefits of using a Russian Zoobie Brush Shelter?

There are several benefits to using a Russian Zoobie Brush Shelter. Firstly, it is a low-cost and sustainable option as it utilizes natural materials found in the environment. It also provides good insulation, keeping the interior warm during cold weather. Additionally, the camouflage design makes it blend in with the surroundings, making it a great option for hunters and wildlife photographers.

How long does a Russian Zoobie Brush Shelter last?

The lifespan of a Russian Zoobie Brush Shelter depends on the materials used and the weather conditions. With proper construction and maintenance, it can last for several months. However, it is meant to be a temporary shelter and is not as durable as a permanent structure.

What are the potential drawbacks of using a Russian Zoobie Brush Shelter?

One potential drawback of a Russian Zoobie Brush Shelter is that it may not provide enough protection against heavy rain or strong winds. It also requires regular maintenance and may not be suitable for long-term use. Additionally, it may not be a suitable option for those with limited mobility or physical disabilities.