I'm so stoked and I just can't hold it in anymore

• Thread starter franznietzsche
  • Start date
In summary, Franz is very excited to be working at LANL this summer and plans on working on models of stellar pulsation.
franznietzsche
I get to work at LANL this summer. Finally got my offer letter today, after weeks of waiting. I am oh so very stoked right now. I'll be working on something in Stellar Evolution and/or Pulsation. Very exciting. So stoked. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations! Enjoy every minute of it!

I will spend my summer time taking 4 classes :yuck: I envy you.

don't forget the best part! you'll get to drive right by where I'm moving to! i know you're excited to possibly be able to see me!

Gale said:
don't forget the best part! you'll get to drive right by where I'm moving to! i know you're excited to possibly be able to see me!

If you call Flagstaff right by Phoenix then yes:tongue: . I'm still debating about doing the drive in one day or two. Part of me wants to do it one, just to say I could do it. And part of me doesn't want to spend twelve hours driving across almost the entire American Southwestern Desert. Last time I drove that much in one day was down the California coast, much nicer drive. We'll see :wink: .

Cool. I know LLNL, but not LANL. Can you post a link?

berkeman said:
Cool. I know LLNL, but LANL. Can you post a link?

Los Alamos National Lab.

http://www.lanl.gov"

Last edited by a moderator:
You going to make the next generation nuclear bomb franz? :wink:

cyrusabdollahi said:
You going to make the next generation nuclear bomb franz? :wink:

Well...kinda.

I'll be working on models of stellar pulsation. Pulsating stars are kinda like nuclear bombs, right? Actually, the physicist who is my mentor does work in X division, but that's not the stuff I'll be working with her on.

Congratulations Franz!

I am just full of envy, a job like that is not even work, ok you may work hard
but the rewards can be so great,very best of luck to you, maybe one day i
can say i spoke to that guy on the net. :smile:

Hurray for you! Enjoy the vast, sunscorched deserts of New Mexico.

Rach3 said:
Hurray for you! Enjoy the vast, sunscorched deserts of New Mexico.

Actually, I'm kinda looking forward to it. I grew up on the western edge of the Mojave desert, near Edwards AFB, so living in the desert is more normal to me than this living near the beach that I do now. Plus from what I've been told by people I know from the Santa Fe area, its a lot nicer than the Mojave.

franznietzsche said:
Actually, I'm kinda looking forward to it. I grew up on the western edge of the Mojave desert, near Edwards AFB, so living in the desert is more normal to me than this living near the beach that I do now. Plus from what I've been told by people I know from the Santa Fe area, its a lot nicer than the Mojave.
Congratulations Franz! The Santa Fe/Los Alomos area is very nice. Bandelier National Monument is nearby - one can see old indian settlements similar to those at Mesa Verde. And there are nice forests in which to go hiking.

http://photo.itc.nps.gov/storage/images/band/band-Thumb.00001.html

Sigh...more and more, I wish I had done Physics. I am so full on envy right now, but also very happy for you. :smile:

Congrats Franz!

franznietzsche said:
I get to work at LANL this summer. Finally got my offer letter today, after weeks of waiting. I am oh so very stoked right now. I'll be working on something in Stellar Evolution and/or Pulsation. Very exciting. So stoked. :biggrin:
That is freeking awesome! Congratulations!

GO FRANZ! That is so exciting!:cool: :cool: :cool:

http://sapporo-online.cool.ne.jp/00_diary_photo_box/Congratulations!_0907.jpg

Last edited:
franznietzsche said:
I'm so stoked and I just can't hold it in anymore

First of all, when I first saw this, I thought it said "stroked" and I was going to say, "You go boy." :tongue2: :tongue:

But in light of what it actually says, it still applies! Congratulations! You go boy! :rofl:

Congratulations and damn you! :smile:

Artman said:
First of all, when I first saw this, I thought it said "stroked" and I was going to say, "You go boy." :tongue2: :tongue:

But in light of what it actually says, it still applies! Congratulations! You go boy! :rofl:

People always look at me funny when I say 'stoked'. I don't know why.

You should take along a copy of "Surely You Must be Joking, Mr, Feynman".

Math Is Hard said:
You should take along a copy of "Surely You Must be Joking, Mr, Feynman".

I have a copy of 'The Pleasure of Finding Things Out', but not 'Surely You're Joking'.

Ah hell, one more round...

Congratulations!

We need more posts about sucess anyways. :approve:

P.S, never say 'stoked' again...ever.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Ah hell, one more round...

Congratulations!

We need more posts about sucess anyways. :approve:

P.S, never say 'stoked' again...ever.

I'll say stoked all I want.:biggrin:

Modeling and simulation of stoked stellar pulsation, by franznietzsche, LANL :rolleyes:

Peer reviews:

This paper is wicked...

A totally awesome kowa-bunga paper...

:rolleyes: you people from california...

cyrusabdollahi said:
Modeling and simulation of stoked stellar pulsation, by franznietzsche, LANL :rolleyes:

Peer reviews:

This paper is wicked...

A totally awesome kowa-bunga paper...

:rolleyes: you people from california...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll throw in some prolly's and a few chic fashion comments just to round it out if you like. Let's see what I can come up with...

Actually, I'm the only person i know who says 'stoked'. Even people here look at me funny when I say it. I don't know why. I don't even remember where I picked the word up from.

franznietzsche said:
I don't even remember where I picked the word up from.
Goggle said:
Results 1 - 10 of about 7,960,000 for stoked

It's not that obscure.

Rach3 said:
It's not that obscure.

Doesn't mean I remember where I picked it up from. I actually did an image search for it and got tons of surfing related things, but I don't surf. I don't actually like swimming in the ocean at all. I like going to the beach, but not going into the ocean.

You go boy!
p.s. Don't ever say that again.

franznietzsche said:
I don't actually like swimming in the ocean at all. I like going to the beach, but not going into the ocean.

You should try again, it's quite fun. The waves carry you around.

If you pee in the ocean no one ever knows.......NO ONE...

cyrusabdollahi said:
If you pee in the ocean no one ever knows.......NO ONE...

The EPA knows all. They know who you are. They know where you live. They'll track you down and feed you to the sea turtles, mwahahahaha... that is if they had any funding.

Rach3 said:
You should try again, it's quite fun. The waves carry you around.

Right out to sea in some cases. For one the ocean water here is cold, a balmy 55 degrees Farenheit. Last time I went swimming at Pismo without a wetsuit, it was a week before my anatomy returned to normal. So its cold, salty, and frighteningly powerful. Nah, I'll stick to beach bonfires and enjoying the scenery. :biggrin:

That's because cold ocean currents always occur on the west coast, Sucker.

cyrusabdollahi said:
That's because cold ocean currents always occur on the west coast, Sucker.

Sunny california weather also always occurs on the west coast.