Car at 60 degree inclination without slipping

In summary, the model could potentially move down a path with an inclination of 62 without slipping, provided that the car dimensions are 10*10*10 cm3 and the weight range is between 10 and 50 kg.
shine
I hav doubt wheather a mechanical automobile model can move down from a path having inclination 62 without slipping (height =2meter,car dimensions=10*10*10cm3).
pls give comment wheather it is possible or not
if yes:-
1)how
2)which material could hav coeffiecient of friction =1.588 over plywood which hav coefficient of friction=0.15-0.20.
3)which wheel be best suited?
4)what should be range of weight.:uhh:

Engineering news on Phys.org
Is this a homework question? It sounds like one in disguise! Why do you have doubt; have you done any calculations? Please post your thoughts.

doubt...

i read this problem statement as model designing problem,but it seems impossible because:-
1)inclination is too high and for such high inclination coefficient of friction required is tan60 (nearly1.588),whereas plywood has coefficient of friction 0.15 to 0.20.
2)normal toy cars are slipping or getting collision at lower surface(floor below plywood) at such inclination ,I've done experiment with 8 different types of models.(size was even less than mentioned).
I need comment over 1)the possibility of such model
2)if yes which types of tyres will be suited best.

cristo said:
Is this a homework question? It sounds like one in disguise! Why do you have doubt; have you done any calculations? Please post your thoughts.

The calculations I've done are about the energy change ,but as role of mass get obviated in equation ,It is not possible to get the value of mass of model .
mg*200=0.5m*v^2
g*200=0.5v^2
but it doesn't seems independent of mass as results of experiment showed(8models).
post comment

shine said:
i read this problem statement as model designing problem,but it seems impossible because:-
1)inclination is too high and for such high inclination coefficient of friction required is tan60 (nearly1.588),whereas plywood has coefficient of friction 0.15 to 0.20.
2)normal toy cars are slipping or getting collision at lower surface(floor below plywood) at such inclination ,I've done experiment with 8 different types of models.(size was even less than mentioned).
I need comment over 1)the possibility of such model
2)if yes which types of tyres will be suited best.

What are the constraints on doing this?
Some modifications to the problem might allw you to do it.

First:

Like NoTime requested, What can and What cannot you change?

There is a video of an Audie Quattro climbing a 60 degree ski jump in germany. It is on ice. It was not assisted. Try you tube or google video to see it. It is wild.

1. How does the angle of inclination affect a car's ability to not slip?

The angle of inclination, or the angle at which a car is tilted, affects its ability to not slip by changing the normal force acting on the tires. As the angle increases, the normal force decreases, making it easier for the car to slip.

2. Why is it important for a car to not slip at a 60 degree inclination?

A car that slips at a 60 degree inclination can be dangerous for both the driver and other vehicles on the road. It can also cause damage to the car and its tires. Therefore, it is important for a car to maintain traction and not slip at this angle for safety reasons.

3. How is friction involved in a car at 60 degree inclination without slipping?

Friction plays a crucial role in a car's ability to not slip at a 60 degree inclination. The frictional force between the tires and the ground provides the necessary traction for the car to stay in place and not slide down the incline.

4. What factors can affect a car's ability to not slip at a 60 degree inclination?

Aside from the angle of inclination, other factors that can affect a car's ability to not slip include the weight and distribution of the car, the condition of the tires, and the surface of the incline (e.g. wet or dry).

5. What are some techniques for maintaining traction in a car at 60 degree inclination?

Some techniques for maintaining traction in a car at 60 degree inclination include keeping a steady speed, avoiding sudden turns or braking, and using proper tires with good tread. It is also important to regularly maintain and check the condition of the car's tires and brakes.