Advice on Writing an Extended Essay on Henna (Morocco)

In summary, the conversation is about a person from Morocco who is writing an essay on Henna, a Moroccan product. They are seeking advice on their research question and ask for help in finding information on Henna. They receive suggestions to write about the uses and cultivation of Henna, as well as to investigate the concentration of lead in Henna. They also ask for advice from others who have written an extended essay on chemistry.
L²Cc
I come from Morocco, and so I'm doing my essay on Henna, a moroccan product which you apply to either your hair or hand...At this stage, I don't know what's my research question, and thus I turn to you for some advice. If you wish to learn more about Henna, here's the URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henna

All help appreciated! Thank you very much!

Physics news on Phys.org
You are writing an essay on Henna, right? Well then, maybe you can write about the uses of Henna, how it's cultivated etc. The research question can write as 'Henna' and then you will write all the information about Henna.

Well, it's a chemistry essay, and hence I need to have to an experiment or chemistry related involved...Listing the uses of Henna will not be enough, but thank you for being the first and only one to offer me some advice.

Check these sites out:

1) http://www.hennasupply.com/ (There are lots of information in here.)

2) http://lexicorient.com/e.o/henna.htm

=)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you fly high. Has anyone in this forum written an extended essay on chemistry? Please, I need your advice and experience. As a research question, I thought of investigating the concentration of lead in henna, and perhaps how this varies according from where it has been extracted?

1. What is henna and why is it significant in Morocco?

Henna is a plant-based dye that has been used for centuries in Morocco for cosmetic and medicinal purposes. It holds cultural and religious significance in Morocco, especially during weddings and other celebrations.

2. How do I choose a research topic for my extended essay on henna in Morocco?

Start by brainstorming about different aspects of henna in Morocco that interest you. You could focus on its history, cultural significance, production process, or even its use in modern-day Morocco. Once you have a few ideas, narrow down your topic based on feasibility and available resources.

3. What are some potential research methods for an extended essay on henna in Morocco?

Some potential research methods for this topic could include interviews with experts or individuals who have personal experience with henna in Morocco, surveys or questionnaires to gather data from a larger sample, and analysis of historical or cultural texts related to henna in Morocco.

4. How can I ensure that my extended essay is well-structured and organized?

Start by creating an outline to map out the main points and sections of your essay. Make sure to include an introduction, body paragraphs with supporting evidence, and a conclusion. Use clear and concise language, and make sure to proofread and edit your essay for clarity and coherence.

5. What are some potential challenges I may face when writing an extended essay on henna in Morocco?

Some potential challenges may include finding reliable and credible sources, language barriers if you are not fluent in Arabic or French, and navigating cultural sensitivities surrounding the topic. It is important to be respectful and mindful of these challenges and to seek guidance from your supervisor or teacher if needed.