Need a good linear algebra book

In summary, there are many good linear algebra books for beginners, but popular options include "Linear Algebra: Step by Step" by Kuldeep Singh and "Introduction to Linear Algebra" by Gilbert Strang. For a comprehensive understanding, recommended books include "Linear Algebra" by Serge Lang and "Linear Algebra and its Applications" by David Lay. For self-study, good options include "Linear Algebra Done Right" by Sheldon Axler and "Linear Algebra: A Modern Introduction" by David Poole. For real-world applications, recommended books include "Linear Algebra and its Applications" by Gilbert Strang and "Applied Linear Algebra and Matrix Analysis" by Thomas S. Shores. The most popular linear algebra book among mathematicians is "Linear Algebra"
Antineutron
Can you guys recommend me a good linear algebra book that has very good explanations of abstract concepts such a vector spaces and etc... and also have very useful excercises that helps students understand the materials better?

Physics news on Phys.org

I highly recommend the book "Linear Algebra: A Modern Introduction" by David Poole. This book provides clear and concise explanations of abstract concepts such as vector spaces, matrices, and linear transformations. It also offers a variety of exercises and examples that help students understand the material better. Additionally, the book includes real-world applications of linear algebra, making it a valuable resource for both theoretical and applied learning. I have personally used this book in my own research and have found it to be an excellent reference for understanding and applying linear algebra concepts. I believe it would be a great choice for anyone looking for a comprehensive and practical guide to linear algebra.

1. What is the best linear algebra book for beginners?

There are several good linear algebra books for beginners, but some popular options include "Linear Algebra: Step by Step" by Kuldeep Singh and "Introduction to Linear Algebra" by Gilbert Strang.

2. What is the most comprehensive linear algebra book?

The most comprehensive linear algebra book would depend on the reader's level of understanding and purpose. However, some widely recommended options include "Linear Algebra" by Serge Lang and "Linear Algebra and its Applications" by David Lay.

3. Which linear algebra book is best for self-study?

For self-study, it is recommended to choose a book with clear explanations, plenty of examples, and a variety of exercises. Some good options for self-study include "Linear Algebra Done Right" by Sheldon Axler and "Linear Algebra: A Modern Introduction" by David Poole.

4. What is the best linear algebra book for applications?

If you are interested in applying linear algebra to real-world problems, some recommended books include "Linear Algebra and its Applications" by Gilbert Strang and "Applied Linear Algebra and Matrix Analysis" by Thomas S. Shores.

5. What is the most popular linear algebra book among mathematicians?

The most popular linear algebra book among mathematicians is "Linear Algebra" by Serge Lang. It is known for its rigorous approach and in-depth coverage of the subject.