Pulse Jet Go-Kart Plans: 80-100lbs Thrust Gas Fuel

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jet Pulse
In summary, the conversation discusses the search for plans for a valveless pulse jet engine with a thrust of 80 to 100lbs, to be used in a novel go-kart powered by gas. Suggestions for plans and caution about the complexity and potential danger of the project are mentioned, along with a joke about needing fireproof overalls. One suggested plan can be found at http://blastwavejet.com/pulsejet.htm.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Can anyone tell me where i might find plans for a valve less
pulse jet engine, with a thrust of about 80 to 100lbs, i want
to use it to power a novel gocart. i want to use gas as the
fuel if possible.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hehehe, this sounds sweet!

Plans for a 75 lb thrust do it yourself engine.

http://blastwavejet.com/pulsejet.htm

Your idea sounds really cool.

After watching the Junkyards Wars episode where they built one of these and reading online I thought this was a dangerous enough concept. But with gasoline instead of propane so now you need to atomize the fuel properly to add yet another level of complexity - wow. You sir, are one ambitious guy. I would take the lazy way out and get a salvage motorcycle motor and call it a day. :smile:

Cliff

Thanks everyone,
I plan to start with one engine, but if that is to slow i may use two, bolted
to a stock kart, and hopefully kick up a rumpus at the local drag strip.
any one have fire proof overalls spare?

What is a pulse jet go-kart?

A pulse jet go-kart is a motorized kart that uses a type of jet engine called a pulse jet as its power source. The pulse jet engine operates by creating rapid bursts of combustion, which propel the go-kart forward.

How much thrust does the pulse jet go-kart produce?

The pulse jet go-kart plans mentioned in the title claim to produce 80-100lbs of thrust using gas fuel. This amount of thrust is enough to propel the go-kart at high speeds and make it suitable for racing.

What materials are needed to build a pulse jet go-kart?

The specific materials needed may vary depending on the design of the go-kart, but in general, you will need a pulse jet engine, a frame or chassis, wheels, steering mechanism, and a gas tank. Other necessary materials may include pipes, valves, and other hardware for the engine.

Is it difficult to build a pulse jet go-kart?

The difficulty level of building a pulse jet go-kart may vary depending on your mechanical skills and experience. However, it is generally considered a challenging project that requires knowledge of engines and mechanics. It is recommended to have some prior experience with building or working on go-karts before attempting to build a pulse jet go-kart.

Is it safe to ride a pulse jet go-kart?

As with any motorized vehicle, there are risks involved in riding a pulse jet go-kart. It is important to follow all safety precautions and wear appropriate protective gear, such as a helmet and goggles. It is also recommended to have an experienced adult supervise and assist with the building and operation of the go-kart.