I am in a crisis of career path please some light.

In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on choosing a career path and is considering electrical engineering due to their interest in physics and practical mathematics. They are hesitant due to their lack of interest in chemistry and are questioning the impact of electricity on society. Others have advised them against a career in boxing. The response assures them that electricity is important and electrical engineering is a valuable and fulfilling career path.
AlexES16
I am in a crisis of career path! please some light.

Hello. I am in a crisis, i want a career in which i could work with renewable energys and something that really benefits society. I was thinking in electrical engineering becouse i enjoy physics and the practical part of mathematics, I am not good in chemistry so i am kinda afraid of going in a field that requires a lot of chemistry and i don't enjoy it as much as physics. But in my crisis I was even thinking ¿if electricty is really indispensable? ¿does it really improve our lives?. I only left 1 month to decide so I am kinda crazy. Please some light and opnions.

This is the best forum i know so thanks anyway for all the suport and advices that i have recived from it. I even forgot my crazy idea of boxing becouse of the advices and warnings of people here that told me about brain damage and all =).

Physics news on Phys.org

Yes, electricity has become indispensable for our daily lives. Electrical engineers definitely contribute positively to society, and if you decide on that path you could be quite proud of that. Best of luck!

lisab said:
Yes, electricity has become indispensable for our daily lives. Electrical engineers definitely contribute positively to society, and if you decide on that path you could be quite proud of that. Best of luck!

Thanks a lot lisab =)

What is a career crisis?

A career crisis is a period of uncertainty and confusion about one's career path or direction. It can be caused by a variety of factors such as job dissatisfaction, lack of growth opportunities, or changes in personal circumstances.

How do I know if I am experiencing a career crisis?

Signs of a career crisis may include feeling stuck or unfulfilled in your current job, constantly questioning your career choices, or feeling overwhelmed and lost when thinking about your future career path.

What can I do to overcome a career crisis?

The first step in overcoming a career crisis is to identify the root cause. This may involve reflecting on your goals, values, and interests. Seeking support from a career counselor or mentor can also be helpful in exploring new career options and creating a plan of action.

Is it possible to change career paths?

Yes, it is possible to change career paths. It may require some effort and time, but with a clear plan and determination, anyone can make a successful career change. It's important to consider your skills, strengths, and interests when exploring new career options.

What are some resources for finding a new career path?

There are many resources available for finding a new career path, such as career assessment tests, job shadowing or informational interviews, career workshops or seminars, and networking events. It's also helpful to research different industries and job roles, and to seek advice from professionals in fields that interest you.