What am I supposed to do with this?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: You could probably eat one a day for a year and not even come close to using up the gift certificate.In summary, the person received a $50 gift certificate to Honey-Baked Hams from their boss. They live on a diet of double quarter pounders, carne asada burritos, and anything served in a paper bag. They said they love ham and are not interested in other meats.
tribdog
I went to pick up my paycheck today and my boss gave me a little "bonus" a $50 gift certificate to honey-baked hams. I'm a single guy. I live on double quarter pounders, carne asada burritos and anything served in a paper bag with the option to super size.
a $50 ham? how long would it take to eat that? using nothing but sporks as utensils?

Physics news on Phys.org
Buy a bunch of little hams and asked them to be placed in brown paper bags?

I LOVE HAM. :approve:

You can get them to spiral cut it. That would be easier for you to carve off the bone with a spork. :approve: I hope you like ham sandwiches. Or invite a bunch of friends over...you do have friends, don't you? :wink: Or, if you really don't want that much ham, how about donating it to a homeless shelter or food bank?

are little hams like veal?
I didn't even know there was a store named "Honey-Baked Hams"
Really sort of limits your inventory choices doesn't it and I thought the Dollar Stores were a bit specific.

or donate it to me...did I mention that I love ham? :tongue2:

shoot, evo asked first. Foiled again!

tribdog said:
are little hams like veal?
Noooo, veal is baby cows. :frown:

which is also good

[braces for flame]

Moonbear said:
Or invite a bunch of friends over...you do have friends, don't you? :wink: ?
I thought I did, until that comment.

Moonbear said:
Or, if you really don't want that much ham, how about donating it to a homeless shelter or food bank?
lol, I thought you said donate it. actually give it away. You really bought into that "sensitive" tribdog didn't you. donate it? I might make a couple of bums wrestle for the bone to chew on. maybe some shopping cart races for a bite.

Evo said:
or donate it to me...did I mention that I love ham? :tongue2:
yes, quit rubbing it in. I get it. You love hamanino. geez. Maybe I'll just climb back into bed, remember the days when you were so nice, and eat my ham.

tribdog said:
I thought I did, until that comment.

Don't make me have to hug you again! :rofl:

lol, I thought you said donate it. actually give it away. You really bought into that "sensitive" tribdog didn't you. donate it? I might make a couple of bums wrestle for the bone to chew on. maybe some shopping cart races for a bite.

Easy, down boy! You don't HAVE to donate it, it was just a suggestion if you were just going to waste it. But, a ham has to be better than some super-sized combo meal.

Okay, this is a dumb question, but although I seem to be one up on you to know there's a such place as a Honey Baked Ham store, I have never actually considered walking into one. Do they have ANYTHING other than ham? I mean, is it just the name of the store, or do they really only sell ham? Maybe you can get a small ham and some other stuff to go with it?

EDIT: I just looked up their website...they have LOTS of pre-cooked food. It looks like heaven for a single guy! You can get beef, turkey, fruit, and pies. If it's too much food for you, you can invite me over! I'll definitely help with that feast! :approve:

Last edited:
Smurf said:
which is also good

[braces for flame]

The only meat I eat is from animals that died of old age, peacefully, in their sleep, after a long happy life. :approve:

tribdog said:
You really bought into that "sensitive" tribdog didn't you.
:devil: I "knew" it was just a ploy. :devil:

yeah, a small ham and maybe a side of ham with some of those little hams maybe a ham for dessert.
I wonder if they have any pork.

tribdog said:
yeah, a small ham and maybe a side of ham with some of those little hams maybe a ham for dessert.
I wonder if they have any pork.

:rofl: See my edit above (a lot got added while my browser was bogged down with the Honey Baked Ham website full of goodies!)

Oh, and here's the website:
http://www.honeybaked.com/

memo to self: sounds like these girls like ham. perhaps sharing ham will get me porked.

Moonbear said:
:rofl: See my edit above (a lot got added while my browser was bogged down with the Honey Baked Ham website full of goodies!)

Oh, and here's the website:
http://www.honeybaked.com/
Well, there you go, guess we're all going to tribdog's for Thanksgiving! :tongue2:

Yikes! I just looked at the prices on that site! You'll be lucky to get a pie for under $50. That gift certificate won't buy you much there, don't get your mouth watering too much. They have hams for over $100! For that, I want the whole pig!

I knew my boss was a cheapskate. Probably has stock in HBH.
I invite everyone over for dinner, then go to the store and have to shell out an additional weeks pay, and boom his stock goes up 3 points. I could probably get a little ham, use it to bait those homeless we were talking about earlier and we could roast them.

tribdog said:
I knew my boss was a cheapskate. Probably has stock in HBH.
I invite everyone over for dinner, then go to the store and have to shell out an additional weeks pay, and boom his stock goes up 3 points. I could probably get a little ham, use it to bait those homeless we were talking about earlier and we could roast them.

You have a way of bringing out the worst in me. I know I shouldn't laugh at that last comment, but I did anyway, a little too hard, and now I can't stop. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that's weird. Its usually my putting something in, not bringing it out that causes that "don't stop" or "can't stop" reaction.

Lol! You mean like putting ham in our mouths? o:)

What am I supposed to do with this?

This is a very open-ended question and could refer to a variety of things. It would be helpful to provide more context or details about what "this" is in order to provide a specific answer.

What is the purpose of this?

The purpose of something depends on what it is. It could be functional, decorative, or have multiple purposes. It would be helpful to provide more information about what "this" is in order to give a specific answer.

How do I use this?

The instructions for using something will depend on what it is. It could have a specific function or be used in a certain way. It would be helpful to provide more details or context about what "this" is in order to provide a specific answer.

What are the benefits of using this?

The benefits of using something will depend on what it is and its intended purpose. For example, if "this" is a new technology, the benefits could include increased efficiency, improved communication, or cost savings. It would be helpful to provide more information about what "this" is in order to give a specific answer.

Can you explain this in more detail?

Absolutely! Please provide more information or ask specific questions about "this" and I will do my best to provide a detailed explanation.