HEY Someone could lose an eye.

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Eye Hey
In summary, the conversation centers around a man who is easily tricked and often gets injured on the job while working with his coworker. The coworker played a prank on him by setting up an old Sokkia that shocks him when he leans forward, causing him to tape his eyebrow and walk around with a Groucho Marx look. The conversation also includes a side story about a monument near a cliff's edge and a joke about throwing Tribdog into a volcano. Despite his tendency to get injured, the group still likes and defends Tribdog.
tribdog
I must have sucker written all over my face. Today when I went to work the plan was to have me using the GPS while the guy I work with used the robotic to check some construction that was taking place right underneath some power lines. After we started working he called me on the phone and said the robotic wasn't working and he needed my help. I went down there and saw that he had an old Sokkia set up. He needed me to run the gun while he held the prism rod. I said sure, no problem, I went to the gun and as I leaned forward ZAP a spark shocked me in the eyebrow. I laughed and rubbed the spot then leaned forward ZAP right in the eyebrow. The old Sokkia's have a metal case and I guess being underneath those big powerlines causes it to pick up a charge. Everytime I leaned forward I got zapped. I finally took a piece of electrical tape and taped my eyebrow. Then forgot it was still there. I went to Circle K and got a drink with a Groucho Marx eyebrow.
PS The guy I work with is pretty good at keeping a straight face. He didn't tell me til later that there was nothing wrong with the robotic and he had been planning to zap my eye for about 3 weeks.

Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl: I :rofl: just :rofl: saw :rofl: this :rofl: post. :rofl:

This reminded me of something else. I was in Oregon quite a few years ago for a conference. A group of us took an extra couple days to drive out to the coast and sightsee along the way. I have no idea where we were, but we found a scenic spot to park overlooking a beach (we headed down to the beach afterward). Over in the corner of the parking area was a monument in the shape of a surveyor's transit, with a plaque on it "in memory of..." and someone's name. What struck me as funny is how very close this monument was to the cliff's edge. At the time I was dating a civil engineer, so I took a picture of it and sent it to him with the added caption, "Just one more step back." :biggrin:

tribdog said:
I must have sucker written all over my face. Today when I went to work the plan was to have me using the GPS while the guy I work with used the robotic to check some construction that was taking place right underneath some power lines. After we started working he called me on the phone and said the robotic wasn't working and he needed my help. I went down there and saw that he had an old Sokkia set up. He needed me to run the gun while he held the prism rod. I said sure, no problem, I went to the gun and as I leaned forward ZAP a spark shocked me in the eyebrow. I laughed and rubbed the spot then leaned forward ZAP right in the eyebrow. The old Sokkia's have a metal case and I guess being underneath those big powerlines causes it to pick up a charge. Everytime I leaned forward I got zapped. I finally took a piece of electrical tape and taped my eyebrow. Then forgot it was still there. I went to Circle K and got a drink with a Groucho Marx eyebrow.
PS The guy I work with is pretty good at keeping a straight face. He didn't tell me til later that there was nothing wrong with the robotic and he had been planning to zap my eye for about 3 weeks.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PLEASE DON'T THROW TRIBDOG INTO THE VOLCANO!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I really, really really love these periodic hysterical total-belly-laughs-almost-to-the-point-of-pain that he brings to my life! Don't worry, trib! I won't let them get you! I have a TURBO RV, three full tanks of gas and a lead foot! :biggrin: :devil: :biggrin:

Tsunami said:
PLEASE DON'T THROW TRIBDOG INTO THE VOLCANO!
Hasn't he proven himself to be more or less indestructible at this point? I mean sure he gets dinged up a bit, but he always seems to get scraped off the ceiling, or retrieved from the mine shaft, or get all his limbs reattached in time for his next post. You know, sort of like Wile E. Coyote... Just try dropping an anvil on him, you'll see...
:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

plover said:
Hasn't he proven himself to be more or less indestructible at this point? I mean sure he gets dinged up a bit, but he always seems to get scraped off the ceiling, or retrieved from the mine shaft, or get all his limbs reattached in time for his next post. You know, sort of like Wile E. Coyote... Just try dropping an anvil on him, you'll see...
:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Oooh, can I? Can I? :rofl: My favorite part is that they let him walk around with tape on his eyebrow all day! :rofl:

Ha what a loser for falling for such a trick!

Andy said:
Ha what a loser for falling for such a trick!

HEY! Tribdog may be a loser, but he's our loser!

I'm such a jerk. That one comment and I'm going to be a dick to Andy for the rest of my life. I wish I didn't hold grudges, or make snap decisions.

Its ok tribdog, you want us to slash his tires real nice-like for ya?

I was being a dick before you where born.

1. How can someone lose an eye?

Someone can lose an eye due to physical trauma, such as accidents or injuries, or from medical conditions like glaucoma or retinal detachment. It can also be caused by infections or surgeries gone wrong.

2. What are the common signs and symptoms of eye loss?

The common signs and symptoms of eye loss may include pain, redness, swelling, decreased vision, and even complete loss of vision in the affected eye. In some cases, the eye may also appear sunken or deformed.

3. Can eye loss be prevented?

In some cases, eye loss can be prevented by taking necessary safety precautions, such as wearing protective eyewear during activities that pose a risk of eye injury. Regular eye exams can also help detect and treat any underlying conditions that may lead to eye loss.

4. What are the treatment options for eye loss?

Treatment for eye loss depends on the cause and severity of the condition. In some cases, the eye may be able to be saved through surgery or other medical interventions. For complete loss of the eye, options such as prosthetic eyes or cosmetic surgery may be recommended.

5. How can I support someone who has lost an eye?

Losing an eye can be a traumatic experience for an individual. It is important to offer emotional support and understanding to the person. Encouraging them to seek proper medical care and connecting them with support groups can also be helpful in their recovery process.