How do I report a post in Mobile PF?

• Thread starter Dickfore
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation discusses the issues with PF Mobile, including difficulty in reporting posts and lack of options for non-members. The topic of antimatter and the conservation of energy is also briefly mentioned. The idea of using mentors as proxies for reporting posts is suggested. The conversation ends with thanking the person for keeping an eye out for problematic posts.
Dickfore
PF Mobile does suck. Among other things, I wanted to report a post
Alex-NL said:
That is the definition yes. My point is that it's not a very good definition. The term "conjugated matter" would then be a better in my opinion.

Not that we know of and maybe it doesn't make sense within the context of our visible universe. It would make sense if our visible universe had an invisible counterpart consisting of what I call true antimatter traveling "with" it. This would solve completely the conservation of energy issue that is so awkward in big bang cosmology.

as being overly speculative, but I can't find such an option. And no, I will not buy membership.

Physics news on Phys.org
I feel your pain.

I can look into adding it. Tapatalk might have the option.

Dickfore said:
PF Mobile does suck. Among other things, I wanted to report a post

as being overly speculative, but I can't find such an option. And no, I will not buy membership.

Can you send a PM to your 3 favorite Mentors via mobile to post a report for you as your proxies? Just a thought. I too feel your pain, and appreciate what you do.

That would be a nice way. Do you have special mentors for each subforum? Come to think of it, I don't know hiow to link a post, or to see where the thread was posted. Maybe I should read some forum help file.

Dickfore said:
That would be a nice way. Do you have special mentors for each subforum? Come to think of it, I don't know hiow to link a post, or to see where the thread was posted. Maybe I should read some forum help file.

I closed the thread in your OP for Moderation, BTW.

For each forum, at the bottom right of the main page, there is a list of the Mentors who are moderating that forum. That's the right folks to PM with a link to the problem post. You can click "Quote" on the offending post, and paste that URL into the PM to the responsible Mentors.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for problematic posts!

1. What is the process for reporting a post on mobile?

The process for reporting a post on mobile differs slightly depending on the platform you are using. However, in general, you can report a post by clicking on the three dots or the arrow icon on the post. This will bring up a menu where you can select the option to report the post. You may also be prompted to provide a reason for the report.

2. Can I report a post anonymously?

Yes, most platforms allow you to report a post anonymously. This means that your name or profile will not be associated with the report. However, keep in mind that the platform may still have access to your information.

3. What happens after I report a post?

After you report a post, the platform's moderation team will review the post and determine if it violates their community guidelines. If the post is found to be in violation, it may be removed or the user may face consequences such as a warning or account suspension.

4. How long does it take for a reported post to be reviewed?

The amount of time it takes for a reported post to be reviewed varies depending on the platform and the number of reports they receive. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for a reported post to be reviewed.

5. What should I do if I accidentally reported a post?

If you accidentally reported a post, you can usually undo the report by going back to the post and clicking on the option to unreport it. If this option is not available, you can reach out to the platform's support team for assistance.