Designing a Go-Kart: Force, Kinematic Analysis & Accessories

• Thread starter sreenathb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Automobile
In summary, the speaker is looking for help with the design parameters of a go-kart, specifically the frame and suspension. They have not found much information in standard textbooks and are hoping for a more in-depth analysis. They also mention the possibility of finding information in Carrol Smith's books. They ask if anyone has responded to their question yet.
sreenathb
I am planning to make a go-kart.could someone help me with the design paramaeters?I would like to have a complete idea on the design of the frame (by this i mean to understand the pros n cons of front taper etc used in modern race cars),suspensions etc.

I have gone through much of the standard textbooks and found that they give light on only the different practical accessories used for these various parts.I would like to have an in depth force,kinematic analysis of the frame,suspension etc. starting from the basics and thus bring out the various effects of front taper, chamber angle, caster angle etc.

Any link to a worthwhile site will also suufice.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Has anyone PM'd you back on this question yet? I'm just asking because I don't see any responses to this post in the public part of the forum and was wondering if you've been left waiting for an answer :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are the key factors to consider when designing a go-kart?

The key factors to consider when designing a go-kart include the force and power needed to move the kart, the weight and balance of the kart, the aerodynamics of the kart, and the safety features such as roll bars and seat belts.

2. How do force and power affect the performance of a go-kart?

Force and power are crucial in determining the speed and acceleration of a go-kart. The more powerful the engine, the faster the go-kart can go, and the greater the force generated by the engine, the quicker the go-kart can accelerate.

3. What is kinematic analysis and why is it important in go-kart design?

Kinematic analysis is the study of motion without considering the forces that cause the motion. In go-kart design, it is important to understand the kinematics of the kart in order to optimize its performance and handling. This includes analyzing the steering and suspension systems to ensure smooth and efficient movement.

4. What are some essential accessories for a go-kart?

Some essential accessories for a go-kart include a helmet, gloves, and protective gear for the driver, as well as brakes, tires, and a roll bar for safety. Other accessories such as a speedometer, tachometer, and lap timer can also enhance the driving experience.

5. How can aerodynamics be improved in a go-kart design?

Aerodynamics play a significant role in the speed and handling of a go-kart. Some ways to improve aerodynamics in a go-kart design include reducing drag by streamlining the body and adding aerodynamic features such as spoilers or wings. The placement of the driver's body in the kart can also affect aerodynamics.