Solved Problems for Sakurai Advanced QM - Leticia

Constantinescu and Magyari called "Problems in Quantum Mechanics" for solving problems in quantum mechanics. While Sakurai is a good book, she prefers Claude Cohen Tannoudji's book. Leticia is looking for a site to check her solutions to problems from Sakurai's "Advanced QM" book that were assigned by her professor. In summary, Leticia is searching for a site with solved problems from Sakurai's "Advanced QM" book.
Lecticia
Does someone know a site with Sakurai (Advanced QM) solved problems?

Thanks in advance,

Leticia

Physics news on Phys.org
If it helps at all!

I found a very useful book for solving problems in quantum. The most fundamental things, of course. Its by Constantinescu and Magyari. "Problems in quantum mechanics".

Sakurai is a very good book but I prefer Claude Cohen Tannoudji.

sridhar said:
I found a very useful book for solving problems in quantum. The most fundamental things, of course. Its by Constantinescu and Magyari. "Problems in quantum mechanics".

Sakurai is a very good book but I prefer Claude Cohen Tannoudji.

Thanks, but my professor gave us a list with a lot of problems to solve, and I found that some of them are from Sakurai's Advanced QM book. Would be good if I had somewhere to check if I did these problems in the right way...
But thanks anyway.

Leticia

1. What is the Sakurai Advanced Quantum Mechanics textbook about?

The Sakurai Advanced Quantum Mechanics textbook is a comprehensive guide to advanced quantum mechanics, covering topics such as angular momentum, approximation methods, and scattering theory. It is a valuable resource for graduate students and researchers in the field of quantum mechanics.

2. Who is the author of the Sakurai Advanced Quantum Mechanics textbook?

The author of the Sakurai Advanced Quantum Mechanics textbook is Jun John Sakurai, a renowned physicist and professor at the University of California, Los Angeles.

3. What are some common solved problems found in the Sakurai Advanced Quantum Mechanics textbook?

Some common solved problems found in the Sakurai Advanced Quantum Mechanics textbook include harmonic oscillators, hydrogen atoms, and scattering processes. These problems are designed to help readers apply the concepts and theories learned in the textbook to real-world situations.

4. Is the Sakurai Advanced Quantum Mechanics textbook suitable for self-study?

While the Sakurai Advanced Quantum Mechanics textbook is primarily intended for use in a graduate course, it can also be used for self-study. However, a strong background in undergraduate quantum mechanics and mathematics is recommended for a thorough understanding of the material.

5. Are there any online resources available for the Sakurai Advanced Quantum Mechanics textbook?

Yes, there are various online resources available for the Sakurai Advanced Quantum Mechanics textbook, including lecture notes, video lectures, and supplementary problems with solutions. These resources can be helpful for further understanding and practicing the concepts covered in the textbook.