Plasma, which formula to use

In summary, the individual is seeking assistance with calculating the resistivity of hydrogen plasma at 1 keV. They mention not having examples from school and not knowing which formula to use. They also mention providing one example and asking for help in defining resistivity and conductivity.
Numeriprimi
Hello. I didn't count examples about plasma at school. Never yet. I'm trying it study on my own. I do not know what to do with a few examples. I do not know which formula to use. I give here one of them.

Calculate the resistivity of hydrogen plasma at 1 keV.

How can I do it?

Physics news on Phys.org

Numeriprimi said:
Hello. I didn't count examples about plasma at school. Never yet. I'm trying it study on my own. I do not know what to do with a few examples. I do not know which formula to use. I give here one of them.

Calculate the resistivity of hydrogen plasma at 1 keV.

How can I do it?
How does one define resistivity, or it's reciprocal, conductivity?

"for a conducting medium we define the conductivity, σ, or resistivity, η, by . . . . "

See - http://silas.psfc.mit.edu/introplasma/chap3.html#tth_sEc3.5.2 (3.139)

More generally - http://silas.psfc.mit.edu/introplasma/index.html

1. What is the formula for calculating plasma density?

The formula for calculating plasma density is n = N/V, where n is the density, N is the number of particles, and V is the volume of the plasma.

2. How do you calculate the ionization energy of plasma?

The ionization energy of plasma can be calculated using the formula E = 13.6 * (Z^2 / n^2) eV, where E is the ionization energy, Z is the atomic number of the ion, and n is the principal quantum number of the electron.

3. What is the formula for calculating the Debye length of plasma?

The formula for calculating the Debye length of plasma is λ = √(ε*kT / n*q^2), where λ is the Debye length, ε is the permittivity of free space, k is the Boltzmann constant, T is the temperature, n is the plasma density, and q is the charge of the particle.

4. How do you determine the equilibrium pressure of a plasma?

The equilibrium pressure of a plasma can be determined using the formula P = nkT, where P is the pressure, n is the density, k is the Boltzmann constant, and T is the temperature.

5. What is the formula for calculating the plasma frequency?

The formula for calculating the plasma frequency is ωp = √(n*q^2 / ε0*m), where ωp is the plasma frequency, n is the density, q is the charge of the particle, ε0 is the permittivity of free space, and m is the mass of the particle.