Fix Windows Media Player: GetIUMS Error

• Thread starter pivoxa15
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Windows
In summary, the user is trying to find a way to download a video file from the web but doesn't know how.
pivoxa15
Whenever I try to use Windows Media, this message comes up

"The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL."

in a box and dosen't go away no matter how many times I click 'ok' or try to exit. So I cannot use Windows Media properly. Wenever I try to play a sound file, no sound comes out. Whenever I try to play a movie, only the sound is played but no pictures can be seen.

How do I get rid of this message and use Windows Media player properly?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Why do you want to use WMP ? IMO, there are some codecs missing. Either update your WMP to the latest WMP 11 from Micrsoft's download page or try using an alternative (and much better) like foobar or VLC player

When I try to play an audio CD it seems it can only play in WMP? I have Quicktime and Real Player but they don't work. Do I have to reconfigure my system in order to play my CD in these players?

pivoxa15 said:
When I try to play an audio CD it seems it can only play in WMP? I have Quicktime and Real Player but they don't work. Do I have to reconfigure my system in order to play my CD in these players?
quicktime and real player support their own respective formats..not general playback formats . If you want an all in One program, get one I mentioned in my earlier post or you may downoad K-Lite Codec Pack That should make most commonly used formats playable.

f(x) said:
quicktime and real player support their own respective formats..not general playback formats . If you want an all in One program, get one I mentioned in my earlier post or you may downoad K-Lite Codec Pack That should make most commonly used formats playable.

I am using it now and it seems good. I like to download this video file off the web but do you know how?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8266735963828183844&q=how+to+write+mathematics+badly

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Why am I getting the "GetIUMS Error" when trying to use Windows Media Player?

The "GetIUMS Error" in Windows Media Player typically occurs when there is a problem with the digital rights management (DRM) for a particular media file. This can happen if the file is corrupted or if there is an issue with the license for the media.

2. How do I fix the "GetIUMS Error" in Windows Media Player?

To fix the "GetIUMS Error", you can try the following steps:

• Make sure you have the latest version of Windows Media Player installed.
  • Check for updates to your DRM components.
  • Restore your licenses for the media files.
  • If the file is downloaded from a website, try downloading it again.
  • If the issue persists, contact the website or the content provider for further assistance.

3. Can I prevent the "GetIUMS Error" from happening in the future?

There is no guaranteed way to prevent the "GetIUMS Error" from happening, as it is usually caused by issues with the media file or DRM. However, you can try to avoid downloading media from unknown or untrustworthy sources, and make sure to keep your Windows Media Player and DRM components up to date.

4. Will reinstalling Windows Media Player fix the "GetIUMS Error"?

Reinstalling Windows Media Player is not a guaranteed solution for the "GetIUMS Error". However, if the issue is caused by a corrupted or outdated version of the media player, reinstalling it may help resolve the issue.

5. Can I use a different media player to avoid the "GetIUMS Error"?

The "GetIUMS Error" is specific to Windows Media Player, so using a different media player may help avoid the error. However, this may not be a viable option if the media file is only compatible with Windows Media Player or if the issue is with the DRM rather than the media player itself.