.First-Time Imax Experience: A Life Changing Moment

In summary, the speaker went to an IMAX theater for the first time and was amazed by the 3D experience. They paid 10 euros for the show and received special glasses to view the 3D images. The screen was 600 square meters and the speaker felt like they were inside the movie. They even experienced feeling like they were being devoured by a crocodile and jumping from tree branches like a monkey. The speaker highly recommends IMAX and suggests watching the film "To Fly" and visiting the IMAX at the Kennedy Space Center. They also mention other great IMAX films such as "The Living Sea" and "Dolphins". The conversation then shifts to other attractions like Terminator at Universal Studios in Florida.
meteor
Today I went to the Imax of my city for the first time. To see a 3d movie. I never saw a 3d movie before, so I was quite excited. So, I payed 10 euros for the show, and they gave a special glasses, that permit to see the 3d images. The screen is incredible, 600 square meters of area. Now, I can tell that the experience is better that I could imagine. You really think that you are inside the screen, and I've experienced terrific things like been devoured by a crocodile, or I've felt what a monkey feel when it jumps from branch to branch in a tree. There are situations that something comes to you, and you really put the hands in front of you to stop it. Really, if you have an Imax near you, go immediatelly. It really changes your vision of life. When i went out of the Imax, it's like the habitual things that you see, a car, a street lamp, are not real, they don't exist. It's make me wonder if the world really exist. Can be a fake thing? Oh I think that I'm raving. It's time to go to bed. And I have not changed my atheist predisposition

Physics news on Phys.org
IMAX movies are my favorite. If you ever see one called 'To Fly', WATCH IT! And have a barf bag handy! :surprise: :wink: :biggrin:

You havn't seen IMAX until you've seen the extremely cool out-in-space IMAX films at the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral.

Those are great, too, motai! Also, The Living Sea and Dolphins. Shoot, ANYTHING would be great on an IMAX! :wink:

How bout the Terminator show in Universal Studios in Florida?

1. What is an Imax experience?

An Imax experience is a form of movie viewing that utilizes a specialized projection system and screen to create a larger, more immersive image. It often includes superior sound quality and 3D effects.

2. How is an Imax experience different from a regular movie?

An Imax experience differs from a regular movie in several ways. The screen size is significantly larger, providing a more immersive and larger-than-life viewing experience. The sound system is also more advanced, with a greater number of speakers and higher quality audio. Additionally, Imax movies are often shot and projected using specialized cameras and technology, resulting in a higher quality image.

3. Is an Imax experience worth the extra cost?

This ultimately depends on personal preference. Some people find the larger screen and superior sound quality to greatly enhance their movie-going experience, while others may not see a significant difference. It may also depend on the specific movie being shown - some films are specifically made for Imax and may be more impactful in this format.

4. Can anyone watch an Imax movie, or are there restrictions?

Most Imax theaters have age restrictions for certain movies, as well as height restrictions for children to ensure they can see over the seats. Additionally, some theaters may have restrictions on outside food and drinks, so it is best to check with the specific theater before your visit.

5. How does an Imax experience impact the movie-watching experience?

An Imax experience can greatly enhance the movie-watching experience by creating a more immersive and visually stunning environment. It can also make the viewing experience more engaging and memorable. However, it may not be suitable for all types of movies and personal preferences may vary.