Is 11MB/s Wifi Pcmcia Enough for Broadband? College Wireless Considerations

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Wifi
In summary, the conversation was about the importance of staying organized and prioritizing tasks. The participants discussed different methods for staying organized, such as making to-do lists and setting reminders. They also emphasized the importance of prioritizing tasks based on their urgency and importance. Ultimately, the conversation highlighted the benefits of staying organized and prioritizing tasks in order to be more efficient and productive.
Saint
is 11MB/s sufficient for all broadband?
my college goes wireless now, i need to purchase one PCMCIA WIFI or USB2 donggle,
11MB/s can last for how long before obsolete?

Computer science news on Phys.org
802.11b good enough or not ?

shall i go for 802.11g ?

1. Is 11MB/s WiFi PCMCIA enough for broadband?

It depends on your specific broadband plan and internet usage. 11MB/s is considered a standard speed for basic internet browsing and streaming, but may not be sufficient for heavy downloading or multiple device usage.

2. Can I use 11MB/s WiFi PCMCIA for college wireless?

Again, it depends on your college's internet requirements and your personal internet usage. If your college has a high-speed internet plan and you only use the WiFi for basic browsing and research, 11MB/s may be sufficient. However, if you plan on streaming videos or downloading large files, you may need a faster speed.

3. What are some considerations to keep in mind when using 11MB/s WiFi PCMCIA for college wireless?

Schools and universities often have a large number of students using the WiFi at the same time, so it's important to consider the potential for slower speeds during peak usage times. You may also want to check with your college's IT department to see if they have any recommended internet speeds for students.

4. Is 11MB/s WiFi PCMCIA the standard speed for broadband?

No, the standard speed for broadband can vary depending on location and internet service provider. However, 11MB/s is a common speed for basic broadband plans.

5. Can I upgrade my 11MB/s WiFi PCMCIA for faster internet speeds?

In most cases, yes. You can upgrade to a newer PCMCIA card with a higher maximum speed, or you can switch to a different type of internet connection, such as Ethernet or USB, for faster speeds.